PDA

View Full Version : Ice Road Trucker's

Texas Jim
08-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't know if any of you have watched the series of "Ice Road Truckers" on the History Channel, but if you have I have noticed something that makes me very uneasy.

Everytime they go to pull something that has gotten stuck they use a strap which is fine, but the part that gets me is when they start to pull they take a running jerk at it. Would that have to do with the possibility of getting the tow unite stuck also?? TJ

ChickenLover
08-18-2007, 01:04 AM
The main thing that annoys me about that show is the ridiculous Canadian accent that those fools sport. That, and the fact that you'd have to be on meth to pull some of those shifts.

I'm not an advocate of meth... Or Canada.

Tugging hookless straps doesn't bother me, though.

Bighead
08-18-2007, 05:47 AM
That show sucks. It's nothing more than a poor rip-off of Deadliest Catch...now that's a good show.

Robinhood4x4
08-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Snow can really suck you in and hold you. By getting a running start you tend to use the elasticity in the strap to yank you out of the hole. It's actually kind of a neat feeling. You watch the other truck speed away from you and see the strap get taut, but because you're frozen to the ground you don't feel a thing. Once in a while the other truck doesn't have enough momentum to get you out so it comes to a stop. Just when you think you'll have to try again, a split second later your truck suddenly breaks free and you're out of the hole.

Texas Jim
08-18-2007, 09:54 AM
The main thing that annoys me about that show is the ridiculous Canadian accent that those fools sport. That, and the fact that you'd have to be on meth to pull some of those shifts.

I'm not an advocate of meth... Or Canada.

Tugging hookless straps doesn't bother me, though.

A-H!?