PDA

View Full Version : Hella 500 wiring?

ttora4runner
09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
To those who are running the hella 500 how do you guys have them wired up?

Do you have them come on with the high beams, low beams or just wired up to come on when ever?

I'm leaning towards having them wired up to come on when ever but I'm unfamilair with wiring.
I'm using this as a reference http://www.4runners.org/writeups/hella500/index.html

Where do you pickup relays like the one in the above site. When you guys installed them did you add any additional bracing under the bumper where the lights mount up (3rd gen 4runner)?

Bob98SR5
09-10-2007, 10:47 PM
ttora,

at the risk of getting the sarcastic wrath of humanoid, that is my writeup and site (right back atcha, allen! :flipoff: ) ;)

the relay comes with the hella 500 kit. i would just wire them up to come whenever, but know what your local laws say about that. i did not need to brace anything. when you bolt them down, they will bolt down with compression. you will need a helper to hold the light while you tighten from underneath.

bob

ttora4runner
09-10-2007, 11:13 PM
ttora,

at the risk of getting the sarcastic wrath of humanoid, that is my writeup and site (right back atcha, allen! :flipoff: ) ;)

the relay comes with the hella 500 kit. i would just wire them up to come whenever, but know what your local laws say about that. i did not need to brace anything. when you bolt them down, they will bolt down with compression. you will need a helper to hold the light while you tighten from underneath.

bob

Thanks. Anyone else?

Sarcastism doesn't bother me much I get it all day at work but then I give it back :chair:.

Bob98SR5
09-10-2007, 11:54 PM
ah the sarcastic reference was not aimed at you :)

the other option i've read is that there are security bolts that you can buy to prevent theft. but to me, they are not worth the cost for $60 lights

Good Times
09-11-2007, 12:38 AM
See reply in red

To those who are running the hella 500 how do you guys have them wired up?

Use the supplied kit

Do you have them come on with the high beams, low beams or just wired up to come on when ever?

Pick it whatever way you want em. Most like to make it light up whenever so they have the full power to use it at their ease. Others like to use the factory light trigger so if the truck is off the lights are off too

I'm leaning towards having them wired up to come on when ever but I'm unfamilair with wiring.
I'm using this as a reference http://www.4runners.org/writeups/hella500/index.html

no worries about wiring em up wrong with their supplied kit. it's pretty dummy proof. plus the write up is a big plus for additional references

Where do you pickup relays like the one in the above site. When you guys installed them did you add any additional bracing under the bumper where the lights mount up (3rd gen 4runner)?

everything comes in the kit. that's the beauty of the 500 series

if you get lost, just post pix. others can help :)