PDA

View Full Version : new noise after fluid change

slowheelin
09-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey all. I just changed my tranny fluid to Mobil 1. Everything went fine but now when the clutch pedal is up there is a steady chirping noise until I press it in. Also, at the top of the pedal action it feels a little rough. Any ideas? I don't know what kind of fluid was in there before, maybe something with the synthetic I put in? :headscratch:

slosurfer
09-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Can't help you on this one (I have an auto) but here's a bump for ya. :angel:

04 Rocko Taco
09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
if you have a chirp with the clutch out, sounds like a bearing...

Probably the throwout bearing.

slowheelin
09-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Hmm I was afraid of that. It seems to have quieted down a bit but I'm probably going to take it in to the tranny shop to have them check it out. Maybe it's an excuse to but a new Center Force clutch. :D

Bob98SR5
09-13-2007, 12:35 PM
chirpy like a birdy? if you press the clutch down ever so slightly, does it go away? if so, its the throwout bearing. i had the problem but it just went away. weird, huh?

slowheelin
09-13-2007, 02:04 PM
chirpy like a birdy? if you press the clutch down ever so slightly, does it go away? if so, its the throwout bearing. i had the problem but it just went away. weird, huh?

yeah it's a constant "chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp" until i press the clutch in, then it goes away. Maybe it'll just go away like yours did. Gotta love Toyotas :D