PDA

View Full Version : Timing Chain halfway done!

Mister Willie
09-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Ok,
I got my oil pan off, and out from under the vehicle today. Anyone who tells you you gotta jack it up to get the oil pan out is full of malarkey. It did take a little bit of pushing on the frame to get the suspension to stretch out a little and make just enough clearance for the pan between the axle and the clutch.

Anyways, thats not important. After pulling off the pan and scraping gaskets for a few hours, I started on the crank bolt. I had a big ol 3 foot breaker bar and I started tuggin on it. Pulllllllllllllll *whap* right on the side of the head it got me! After realizing what I had done, I checked the bolt. Sure enough it was loose! good enough for me.

Now, heres my problem. The crank pulley seems like it's welded to the front of the engine. Tomorrow I'm borrowing a puller from a friend but, do you guys have any alternate suggestions to getting this pulley off? After the pulley, how hard is it to get the oil pump drive spline off? Any back up plans for that one? Finally, the chain sprockets, are they difficult to remove? if so, what can I do to persuade them without turning the engine and effin up the timing?

amgraham
09-14-2007, 06:06 AM
Yeah, you need a puller for the crank pulley. The oil pump drive should slide right out as should both the chain sprockets. Have fun with that timing cover though :P