PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil Dealers

TDiddy
09-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Who on here is an Amsoil dealer? I need some fluids for the Sequoia.

Do they not have air filters any longer?

tulsa_sr5
09-18-2007, 08:17 PM
I think Bob might still be.

Bob98SR5
09-18-2007, 08:45 PM
nope, no longer. too much hassle!

MTL_4runner
09-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Tom, just use a type III synthetic like Valvoline Synpower or similar synthetic (kept my engine from sludging even after a pretty severe overheating). If you want a true type IV (PAO), then use something like Penzoil Platiunum or Royal Purple. Amsoil's great oil but IMHO it's not really worth the hassle/cost to get Amsoil anymore.

TDiddy
09-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Thanks Jamie, I'll look in to those. I was really going for tranny, diffs, and tx case fluids.

bamachem
09-19-2007, 05:56 AM
I have used RP in my trans, diffs, XF case and it was great. i always just used M1 and somtimes i would blend 4.5 qts of M1 with 1 qt of RP for the oil.

MTL_4runner
09-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks Jamie, I'll look in to those. I was really going for tranny, diffs, and tx case fluids.

Ahhh ok, then go with:

ATF - Valvoline Maxlife or Mobil 1 if you feel you need full synthetic (overkill IMHO unless you are S/C'd or tow extensively)
Diffs and TX case - Mobil 1, Royal Purple's MaxGear or Redline's Shockproof

You can use 75W-90 as a substitute for 80W-90 no problem, as long as it is full synthetic.

Bighead
09-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Why don't you order it online yourself with a preferred customer account? Every time I ordered fluids I had it in a couple of days and the price was pretty close, if not the same, to what I would pay going through a dealer. I got lucky myself and found a really small parts shop in C. Springs that happens to sell Amsoil and always seem to have what I want on the shelf.

TDiddy
09-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks Jamie, I'll check those out tonight on my way home. Lance, I thought about that too - the preferred account more than pays for itself in discounts.

General question - when doing a tranny flush, how much extra fluid should I have on hand? Capacity is 13 qts but I thought I'd need more to ensure a good flush.

MTL_4runner
09-19-2007, 08:14 AM
General question - when doing a tranny flush, how much extra fluid should I have on hand? Capacity is 13 qts but I thought I'd need more to ensure a good flush.

Typically you want to have 15-20 qts on hand for flushing.....then return what you don't use.

Bighead
09-19-2007, 07:49 PM

I bought 17 quarts so I had a few extra for the flush and to have some laying around in case I needed it.

Cebby
09-19-2007, 08:01 PM
I believe WABFAB is an Amsoil dealer (at least it says so on his site)

waskillywabbit
09-19-2007, 09:22 PM

Yes.

P.S. You should see the new shop photos...I hope to get them up soon on toolandfab. :D

:guitar:

Cebby
09-19-2007, 10:41 PM

Yes.

P.S. You should see the new shop photos...I hope to get them up soon on toolandfab. :D

:guitar:

Any room to move in there? ;) Might be too many Toyotas. You can store one in Pittsburgh.