PDA

View Full Version : Logs out after so many mintues?

EWAYota
10-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I had just finished tying up a thread and was previewing and editing it. Once I was done, I clicked post and it showed that I needed to be logged in to post. Is there a way to make it so that I either have longer time during sessions or just never log out? I looked through the user profile section but couldn't find anything regarding this.

Cebby
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
This should be handled locally on your computer by cookies. We don't have anything set on the server side to log you out after a given period of time. If you click "Remember Me" it will log you in automatically when you return to the page.

What platform/browser are you using? I'll poke around and see if I can find anything. I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing this.

EWAYota
10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I clicked the "remember me" box the first day. When I come here, my user name and password are already filled out but I still have to click "log in" before anything else.

I'm running Firefox on XP.

It's odd, if I try to log on with my GF's computer, I try and log in on the main page, then it sends me to a secondary sign in page with 3 lines:
Username ________
Password ________
Stay logged in for _______ (adjustable, though always at 60) min.

Usually takes me 5 or so trys to log in on her computer.

I got the secondary screen after trying to post.