PDA

View Full Version : login issues

paddlenbike
10-09-2007, 08:21 AM
When my session automatically expires (whatever that interval is), UY asks me to re-login. It never works unless I return to the home page, which means I lose my post.

04 Rocko Taco
10-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I never sign out....
I have mine set to remember me, and I never get logged out.

bamachem
10-09-2007, 08:30 AM
same here - set it to remember you and it shouldn't expire.

paddlenbike
10-09-2007, 08:40 AM
same here - set it to remember you and it shouldn't expire.

Cookies and cache automatically clear on browser exit, so that doesn't work for me. I guess I need to start typing my posts in Word, then copy them to UY, but others may be frustrated too with the session expire logins.

Thanks!

04 Rocko Taco
10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
you can set your browser to not clear cache and cookies on exit... but that may be something you like to do, in which case.... Sort of a catch 22.

bamachem
10-09-2007, 09:02 AM
yeah, that's definitely a browser setting and is completely up to you. if you clear your cookies every time you close your browser, then there's nothing we can realistically do from our end that i know of.

EWAYota
10-09-2007, 09:29 AM
This is the same problem I had yesterday. Session automatically boots me off. I've clicked the "Remember Me" box, but all that does it automatically puts my screen name and password in for me. Still have to log-in. Then if I get sent to the secondary screen, I can't log it. I'm pretty sure my cookies and cache don't clear on exit, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.