PDA

View Full Version : New to ultimateyota...not so to TOYOTA

mfxsupervillain
10-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Hello all on ultimateyota! Haven't been on the site that long but the layout looks great and everything seems pretty easy to read. A little background on me...I own two older Toyota's. One being an 1989 MK3 supra I6T and the other a 1990 ex cab sr5 v6. Having older cars these forums that are available on the net are like gold to me and my tools. So thank you! I live in California and fix M1A1 main battle tanks as a Sgt. in the Marine Corps. If anyone would like some cool photos (to a certain extent for security purposes) I would be more than glad to share. I'll be lurking and posting for the next couple of years so stay tuned for more projects, knowledge and questions to share.

Bob98SR5
10-14-2007, 11:39 PM
mfx,

welcome to our forum! i'm sure you will find it a good place to hang out and acquire some good knowledge. there's a few marines here. one notable marine, slosurfer (chris), just put on a great event at pismo this weekend.

definitely post pics of your toyotas and the tanks as well. there's alot of pro-military forum members who'd like to see those pics im' sure.

take care,
bob

Good Times
10-14-2007, 11:57 PM
welcome aboard! pictures and stop teasing w/ m1a1's talk :)

paddlenbike
10-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Stop teasing and post Supra pics. :thumbup: Out of sheer stupidity I sold mine:
http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/Supra/suprasig11-04.jpg

Welcome aboard.

slosurfer
10-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Welcome to UY mfx. Oh and hoorah! I used to be an 1833 AAV crewchief/section leader. Are you at 29 stumps or pendleton? Those M88's are one of my favorites! Always did want to drive one. Stay safe, I got lucky and got out in Feb. '01.

mfxsupervillain
10-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Oorah slosurfer. Pendleton is where i reside 8-16 hours a day!...you know how it is. Glad you got out as soon as you did as my company is going back to the sand box early 08. The M88 beast is my ride and I love her, always there for you and way more simplistic compared to the turbine powered M1A1. Only thing is she isnt as fast as the M1 and doesnt pack as much heat in firepower. I plan on taking a nice picture sometime this week with the pickup next to our 10 tanks. Stay tuned and thanks to everyone for your support and kind replies.

MTL_4runner
10-18-2007, 05:23 AM
MFX, glad to have you on board and we'd certainly like to see some pics of any vehicles you want to display (cars, trucks or tanks). :D

04 Rocko Taco
10-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Again, want to also welcome you the forum, and say thanks for your service. I think I speak for all of us when I say how much your appreciated for what you do for all of us. That being said...BRING ON THE TANKS!!

fustercluck
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
A cacophonous welcome. (we need pics) :hillbill: