PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to cut up a layout and form into CSS site

neliconcept
11-02-2007, 06:33 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/240/c/d/PORTFOLIO_LAYOUT_by_neliconcept.jpg

enough said because I suck and I hate tables even more.

i just need to figure out how to form this site through maybe dreamweaver since I never use it, and ease of updating.

however this layout probablly wont be the one i use for my new site.

site will include my photography and my expeditions basically.

photos being, architectual, model, nature, and abstract.

so its gonna be a diverse site most likely, which means i gotta find a happy medium for a style.

calrockx
11-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Photoshop CS3 allows you to slice to a CSS or Table layout.

neliconcept
11-02-2007, 07:09 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6351/flow86nt9.jpg

neliconcept
11-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Photoshop CS3 allows you to slice to a CSS or Table layout.

gonna have to check that out.

neliconcept
11-06-2007, 12:45 PM
anybody perhaps know flash at all? I have some ideas of what I wanna do with this.

ill pay somebody to help me out seriously

neliconcept
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6852/flow86ap7.jpg

Cebby
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
You might want to consider using a CMS if your content will be changing frequently.

neliconcept
11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
wow its been a while since ive done any type of web design, what is CMS? newer code or something i just neglected to read about.

calrockx
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
content management system.
it gives you a page to login to where you fill out fields, and it automatically updates your frontend content. it involves php and mysql.

neliconcept
11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
content management system.
it gives you a page to login to where you fill out fields, and it automatically updates your frontend content. it involves php and mysql.

ahh got it, yeah ive been looking for hosts already, when I had my first site mysql databases were hard to come by, doesnt seem like its that bad now.

I may have to try that out. would be easier for me in the long run

Cebby
11-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Blake - I use Joomla for a number of sites that I've done (UY also runs this format). If you want to see some more examples, see my company website under portfolio.

clicky (http://www.cebsource.com)

I have a couple more I need to add that I've done recently.

cobradcab6
11-14-2007, 10:43 PM
if you can afford to buy it, there's a nice program that takes photoshop layers and makes clean css and xhtml docs for you. so all you have to do is make your site in photoshop like normally, using specific guidelines naming layers and giving them certain little tags......it looks very easy and strait forward. i haven't used it yet but there's a trial version if you want to give it a try.

the software is SiteGrinder and the site is www.medialab.com/sitegrinder

i'd like to give it a try but i use content management systems for my websites and i haven't seen how well sitegrinder would work with cms yet

anyone gives it a try, let me know how it works out for ya

calrockx
11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
boo to these automated css layout tricks, puts me out of a job, ha.

i'd be game to try that one out, see how it works. but for my websites anyway, i like coding it myself and giving meaningful names to the classes and ids...makes going back for future edits so much easier.

cobradcab6
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
yeah i know what you mean. i too like having things named a certain way so it makes it easier to go back for future edits when needed. i'm guessing maybe you could let the program write things initially and then go back and do some customizing to the xhtml code and the css. i don't have a whole lot of css knowledge so it helps me sometimes to have something already made to start with and customize it from there. most of the time i just start from scratch cause its easier than finding something that does what i want. this program might help me get a good base to work from

neliconcept
12-06-2007, 09:58 AM
hmm, maybe be able to try that out, however how my site is layered i dont think it would work. however i think ill end up cutting up the layers over break and try to make my own CSS layout and see if it works, i need something to put on my business cards for a site.