PDA

View Full Version : Starter Problem

GOH10 Runner
11-08-2007, 09:46 AM
This Just Happened:

I went out to leave and I started the car and it cranked fine but when it fired the starter did NOT stop so I turned the key off. The Engine turned off but then it started to crank again but never fired. This happened for a good 30 sec then just quit.

SLC97SR5
11-08-2007, 09:53 AM
You need to replace your starter contacts. I replaced mine for $5.50, find a starter/alternator repair shop or you can order the contacts from the dealer who will source them from the starter/alternator repair shop.

The job is very easy with the most difficult part getting to the upper starter bolt. The actual replacement of the contacts takes 3 minutes.

04 Rocko Taco
11-08-2007, 10:11 AM
4crawler.com is one of the BEST places you will find to get starter contacts, and Roger Brown is a hell of a nice guy. Check him out!!!

MTL_4runner
11-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I went out to leave and I started the car and it cranked fine but when it fired the starter did NOT stop so I turned the key off. The Engine turned off but then it started to crank again but never fired. This happened for a good 30 sec then just quit.

Not sure I totally follow. So you're saying that the first time you turned the key the starter fired the motor, but was whining away for 30 seconds while the engine was running so you shut it down. Then when you turned the key a second time the starter didn't turn over the engine at all?

mkgarrison5
11-15-2007, 06:30 AM
rocko where's my pics?? haha :-)

now back to the thread..........