PDA

View Full Version : Planning on new paint for the truck (rattle can), color suggestions?

EWAYota
11-08-2007, 11:05 PM
The paint on my truck is chipping and is in much need of repair. Living in the area that I do, Black isn't the optimal choice as the bi-weekly dust storms make it a pain to keep clean. I'm planning on rattle canning it, sand, primer, paint, possible clear coat but unsure on that.

Curious to know of what you all think would be a good color, or combo as I will have a canopy as well. Also, I think my choices are between Krylon and Rustoleum. Which type of Krylon would work best (Interior-Exterior I'm assuming), and Rustoleum makes a Automotive rattle can.

As of now, I've changed my mind 1000 times, hence the reason I haven't done it yet. I'm also planning on adding tube bumpers in the future (hopefully sooner than later) and want to incorporate that into the idea as well. Here have been my thoughts so far:

All White, canopy included, with all tubing done in Metallic Blue. Chrome rims.

Same as above, but maybe middle of hood in Metallic Blue to break up the White (or retro Toyota T logo on hood...to ricey?). Chrome rims.

White, with all tubing and canopy in Metallic Blue. Chrome rims.

All Flat Khaki with all tubing (and rims) in Black.

Yellow with gray canopy. Tubing black, rims chrome.

Heres the canvas:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/ewayota/Truck%20Pics/IMG_1281.jpg

Heres what the Metallic Blue looks like, compliments to my own engine :D
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/ewayota/Truck%20Pics/IMG_0921.jpg

So let me here your ideas, color scheme's and thoughts towards which type of paint to use as I've swapped my thoughts so many times and have spent to much time staring at colors in the paint aisle at work :chair:

bamachem
11-09-2007, 06:01 AM
if you're dead set against black, then i'd do the flat khaki w/ black trim.

surf4runner
11-09-2007, 12:13 PM
clean it?

camo?
ive seen 5 diffent dupli-color labeled 'camo', too bad they cant just put it one can :laugh:

i like krylon, black semi-gloss enamel, not at all shiny but gives that rat-rod look.

four runner - did you build that sik truk? :burnout: