PDA

View Full Version : Cobra 75 WX speaker problem

RobT2K
11-12-2007, 11:40 PM
My 75 WX is having speaker issues, there seems to be a loose wire or broken connection somewhere. It transmits fine, but I can't hear the response all the time. If I tap the surface of the speaker, it sometimes will work for a short time. But most of the time it is silent.

I opened it up and looked for any obvious signs that something was wrong, but nothing stood out to me.(I was hoping to see a big fat wire unplugged)
Any ideas?, and bear in mind that there aren't CB shops readily available to me. I think there is only one and I don't think he does any work, just sells radios.

waskillywabbit
11-14-2007, 05:12 PM
You can pick up a external speaker for change to plug into the back of the base unit.

Not a fix, but a solution to being able to hear. :D

:guitar:

RobT2K
11-16-2007, 05:15 AM
Good idea, I was thinking that after I just discovered the ext.speaker jack on the box under my dash.
I didn't even know that was there.

fenrisx
01-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Shoot Cobra an e-mail about the problem. Their customer service is pretty good in my experience.

Intrepidyota
01-07-2008, 04:40 AM
My brother had a problem with his speaker and he sent it back to cobra with a copy of the receipt (it was bought on ebay, so he had that in email) and they repaired it and sent it back to him. :thumbup: