PDA

View Full Version : wife hit deer with 4Runner. Now must get better bumper.

Osiris
11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, I wanted to change out the stock front bumper for a better looking and effective one and now I have the chance. Since the wife hit the deer, better than 'dear', then there's no objection from her. I will now be looking for a tube bumper style and I will have to get a rear one also. right?? And then..... I can't have side steps that do not match the bumpers, it just won't look right. right?? I will have to get nice tubular frame rails in powder coat black, right??? I mean all of it will have to match the Budbuilt skids, right?? I will then have to get the '98 4Runner three spoke wheels to complete the look, right?? I got the LC coils, might as well get the ball joint spacers now too and then get the recall work with front wheel alignment after that, right????

That's a lot of work she just caused me for mashing the bumper and breaking both of the turn signal lens. I can't believe her. I'll probably have to get a new motor too!

signed - busy guy because of my 'deer',
Osiris

I'll look over Wabfab's, but other suggestions are welcome. I like things that serve a purpose and not "only" look good.

waskillywabbit
11-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Yes, we do have deer slayers...err I mean bumpers. :D

:guitar:

Osiris
11-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Well, she just looked at me and nodded, saying uh-huh, over and over while I explained all of the necessary changes that must occur because of this. After I explained all of this, I said, "see there is more than just replacing a bumper when you kill a deer with your car. You have to ensure the structural integrity of the vehicle is still complete. Hitting and killing a deer can have major ramifications on other parts that are indirectly connected, but to the naked eye and inexperienced mind may seem to be on par. "

wife showing signs of tearing over "alleged" loss of life on her hands. Got her where I want her...

"It is just like having to change the air in your tires. You don't won't old air in your tires when the insides of the tire rubber breaks down and Hydro-Carbons mix with Oxygen-Nitrogen mixed air to form H2O and a deadly Nitro-Carbonate Mixture that when quickly compressed by slamming into a pothole or curb would explode sending you careening out of control. That is not fun, is it?"

I need to replace these items that are directly AND indirectly effected by this sad accident...

....which 'allegedly' took the life of a sweet little doe eyed deer.

wife gaining composure, sniff, right. Okay, honey.

"I'll take care of it all. You just don't worry about it. It will be safe for you to use it soon."

I forgot to tell her that with the ball joint spacers and LC coil switch that the Rancho shocks will have to be installed too. No problem, I'll just have to remind her of those darn hydro-carbons. :angel:

Seanz0rz
11-22-2007, 03:29 PM
:pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: