PDA

View Full Version : Seanz0r's second anual birthday run!!! 11-24-07

Seanz0rz
11-20-2007, 04:15 PM
ok so looking to go out on saturday, not sure what trails yet but most likely up in the mountains, big bear area. looking into trails now.

elripster
11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Well have fun and a happy birthday too. We are camping with some friends in Palo Verde after Thanksgiving and are planning to run Bradshaw and explore around that area Friday and Saturday. As a result we won't be able to make it.

Frank

04 Rocko Taco
11-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Im coming Sean.....nah just kidding, happy birthday (20 days after mine) and I wish I could be there.

Seanz0rz
11-20-2007, 06:31 PM
thanks for the happy b-day wishes. mine is actually the 27th, but wheelin on a Tuesday doesn't usually bring the crowds.

having a problem actually finding fun trails that are open and not 100 miles away... any suggestions?

Seanz0rz
11-20-2007, 08:10 PM
no snow yet, or rain for that matter, but many trails up in lake arrowhead/big bear is closed due to the fire damage. its unclear what is closed, and the rangers dont really know their stuff about ohv trails. last few times ive called ive gotten poor answers.

RobT2K
11-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Sorry, I'll be working, otherwise I'd like to look around the BB area.
This just shows you though, you gotta make those runs when we plan them, otherwise you'll end up regretting it.

P.S.
I like that you always start up events with date/times and no idea where to go.
It is very spontaneous and you should really follow through some time and just go for it!

Seanz0rz
11-20-2007, 09:42 PM
i usually do follow through, last weekend was a wash for other reasons.

i could always do cleghorn again, but id like to hit a few trails after that, cleghorn is fun but not really technical. would be nice to have something in the forest falls area, but to my knowledge there is nothing.

Seanz0rz
11-22-2007, 09:50 PM
well ive decided to run cleghorn, do a bunch of geocaching while im up there. ill be at the trailhead (exit off the 15) at about 10-1030, cb channel 22, come if you want, just a small short fun run. i just need to get out.

Seanz0rz
11-23-2007, 07:15 PM
JNJ is in, anyone else?

trailhead on the I-15 at 10 am. ill be there airing down and removing anti sway equipment.

trek should last no longer than 4 hours, im looking to do a bit of geocaching, and have all the coords and such for the cleghorn string.