PDA

View Full Version : 1uzfe swap cost

Tofer
11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I've been looking into the 1uzfe swap but i am wondering what is a good price for it. i found a recked SC 400 in vegas. the guy wants it gone fast and i' hoping i can get it for 1200. that everything.... running car with body damage. is this a good price?

neliconcept
11-22-2007, 12:53 PM
if you got the cash, go get it now before i come steal it away. you could part the tranny and running gear and interior out and make that back most likely

Seanz0rz
11-22-2007, 01:39 PM
id say yes. im sure you could part out the interior of the car, unaffected body panels, other drivetrain/suspension components and probably come out pretty well off.

Cebby
11-22-2007, 09:40 PM
How many miles? How well was the engine/car taken care of? What year?

For a swap donor (if the mileage isn't too high), $1200 is a great price for a running car. There's a lot of parts that don't come with JDM motors, so if you have the room, getting a donor vehicle is the way to do it.

Do you plan to use an auto or manual trans? That's where the real cost difference comes in.

Ric
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Oleg quoted my me right at $8000 thats droping off my rig, and them doing all the work, and driving it back home, he also said it would take about a month, they would have to make new mounts etc.

DHC6twinotter
11-29-2007, 06:31 AM
If the mileage is low, that sounds like a great deal. I've seen just the motors go for anywhere between $500 and $1200 on ebay. Getting the whole car is nice, since you have all the wiring and whatnot. And you can sell off parts and maybe gain alot back.

I'd go for it if I had the space and the mileage wasn't too high. :thumbup: