PDA

View Full Version : Bob_98SR5's 1998 4Runner SR5

Bob98SR5
03-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Build Up Philosophy
The way I've built up my 4Runner reflects the two things I wanted to accomplish from the get go: a mild-to-intermediate capable off-roading vehicle that still maintains good on-road manners. The obvious choice for me was the Bilstein shocks + Performance Products 1" springs combination, a well-proven and popular choice for off-roaders who want the best of both worlds.

I am the third owner of my 4Runner, which speaks volumes of its durability and reliability as a used vehicle. Here is a picture of it when I purchased it from the 2nd owner:

((((insert picture))))

One of the first things I did was to remove the stock running boards, swap in some 99 black fender flares, replace the motorized antenna with a whip antenna, added an Amsoil air filter, as well as building custom tube bumpers using Xterra tube bumpers:

((((insert picture))))

Later, I added larger 32" wheels and lifting the suspension with Bilsteins and Performance Product 1" lift springs:

((((insert picture))))

From there, I achieved 90% of what I originally set out to do. Since then, I installed a complete stereo system and created a bunch of innovative exterior and interior modifications such as the Cupholder mod, the Satoshi grille mod, as well as completely sound deadening my 4Runner:

((((insert picture))))

...but there was one last thing (haha, I always say that) that I needed to do: the coveted Toyota e-locker mod. This one took sometime to economically gather and purchase all the parts under the ever vigilant wife radar ;) (nah, she's cool with it). But once all the parts were gathered, several people helped me build this up including admins Good Times and Robinhood. It was quite a learning experience and it is now operational and ready to go!

((((insert picture))))

Specification Sheet
Here is a list of all the parts and modifications done to my 4Runner

Engine

Suspension

Armor

Interior Mods

Exterior Mods

Stereo

Electronics/Communications

Miscellaneous

Bob98SR5