PDA

View Full Version : Expanded "recent threads" list

drguitarum2005
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Not to have to bring up TOF, but when I go there one of the main things I look at is the recently updated threads on the right-hand side. I know we have that here on the left, but its down a ways and is very small. It only shoes half the thread titles and thats about it. Is there a way to make that more pronounced and informative?

Cebby
12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Not to have to bring up TOF, but when I go there one of the main things I look at is the recently updated threads on the right-hand side. I know we have that here on the left, but its down a ways and is very small. It only shoes half the thread titles and thats about it. Is there a way to make that more pronounced and informative?

Yes. What's the overall consensus?

The reason YT has those recent threads on the homepage was something I implemented while I was an admin at YT - it's called vBa CMPS. It is a weak content management system for vBulletin. It's very limited in what you can do regarding format and content. With our system, I can do the same thing and more since we have more flexibility with our Joomla/SMF setup.

04 Rocko Taco
12-05-2007, 08:54 PM
At least a full thread title would be good, and I actually like the fact that when you hover over the thread title you get a beginning of of the thread preview, but that may be totally unnecesary once we had full thread titles....

traben27
12-06-2007, 12:26 AM
I agree that I like the recent threads being more pronounced on the homepage. It makes it seem like theres a lot going on and I'm more willing to stick and click around.