PDA

View Full Version : Truxxx lift

steveuno
12-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I have a 2005 4Runner with X-Reas, which I am planning on lifting soon. Since it does not put a load on the front strut assembly, I was considering the 3" Truxxx spacer. Since I plan on installing it myself, I was wondering if anyone could share their installation experience- degree of difficulty, any pointers to share, etc. By the way...I am choosing the Truxxx lift due to the fact that I can still run the X-Reas, according to Truxx. Any feedback on this Good Times?

I also plan on going up a tire size from a 265/70/17 to a 275/70/17- should I expect to see a noticeable change in gas mileage?

AxleIke
12-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't know what you mean by a load on the front strut assembly? Should be a pretty painless install regardless.

Will you NOTICE a drop in mileage? Depends on whether you keep track of your mileage every tank. If you do, You'll probably see 1-2 mpg loss, maybe, depending on how you drive. I wouldn't worry about it.

Good Times
12-06-2007, 09:35 PM
any spacer will work with the xreas system. so your options do open up but if you're fond of truxxx then that's fine. limitations on xreas install, you need to keep the shock in place so it will be a bit more work. the other option is to disconnect the xreas lines (you can do this too) but it will require you to make sure none of the tires on in contact so none of the lines are pressurized.

any time you get larger tires, you will notice mpg drop but it won't be as significant but that's all dependent on the user as some users notice the smallest of changes whereas others may not. 275's are a good size to go to without losing a lot of umph and still get the modified look and feel.

good luck