PDA

View Full Version : So who is really in charge here?

Texas Jim
12-07-2007, 07:32 AM
I made a few comments about a couple of things , I was posted twice in Oly's Hole by two people who have two sides of onions. What is it day to pick on me? Grow some big ones boys and be honest I can take it... But just be real don't double standard to me??? Please, take a moment, look with in yourself, before calling me out... TJ

04 Rocko Taco
12-07-2007, 07:37 AM
TJ, if you think you can take people being honest with you, and you are asking other people to 'grow some big ones' well here it is.

A man wouldnt run around whining about TOF, and about the rules here, you've been told to play nice, time and time again. No one is double standarding here. We've stopped our negative discussions of TOF in the open forums, where it can be viewed by the public, thats not the image we want UY to have, we have asked you, and others, to stop YOUr negative posting about YT, but you continue, and when you are reprimanded for it, and asked to stop, you start 3 or 4 new threads whining about it. This is behavior I expect to see over on TOF, or in kindergarten, not from a "grown up with a pair of big ones who is honest and can take it"
If you want us to be honest (which we are) then learn to take it TJ, take it like a man, quietly, realize you were wrong wheter you think so or not, clearly in violation of policies, or requests of forum staff, and "take it" as you say.

bamachem
12-07-2007, 07:43 AM
TJ, all of our members have been asked by Steven to play nice in the Yotatech thread at the top of the Off Topic section. You have been personally contacted by staff in the past to ask you to tone down your YT and Corey comments.

I felt that your post was over the line and insulting to our staff and needed to be dealt with, so I moved it. If you have a problem with that, then I suggest that you take this to a PM and we can discuss it.

Simply put, we, as a staff, are tired of the whining and personal attacks and we simply can't let them continue. We allowed people to vent for 6-months in order to let things blow over. Most have moved on and got on with their lives - minus YT and Corey - and some have not. It's time to move on to other things and build a constructive legacy here rather than a destructive atmosphere that has come up from time to time.

If you have any questions about issues with the staff, it would be a good idea in the future to cool off a bit and then contact any one of us via PM or email and let's sort this stuff out behind closed doors rather than air out the dirty laundry for all to see. Do you agree?

tacoclimber
12-07-2007, 08:10 AM
If I may share my thoughts on the subject:

I am still a member of YotaTech. While I understand the issues and reservations many have, and in some cases agree completely, I have decided to continue to be a member there. However, one of the things I initially respected about the founders of UY was their desire and intent to avoid a "board" war. Unfortunately, I felt that didn't last long and that some of the membership seemed intent on "keeping the drama alive". It caused me to distance myself from UY. Whether that was the best thing to do or not, I don't know now, but I just want to be a part of a community that it as devoid of pointless drama as possible. I'd like to help make that happen, and so I continue to be a part of both boards.

I feel that it is very important to the integrity of UY to completely avoid any smearing or name-calling, or even subtle implications or accusations. As Andy stated, it's time to move on.