PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried Motor Kote?

YotaGirl
12-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I just found out about this stuff last night and wondered if anyone here has ever tried it? It's an oil additive that supposedly bonds with the metal not the oil. What do you guys think?

Here is a link with more info...

http://www.motorkote.com/

oly884
12-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Snake Oil.

Just do a search on google or the like and go through the links. It appears that some people get an improvement overall, but it could also have to do with their driving habits changing when they "think" there's something in their oil that will improve mileage. Think of it as a placebo effect.

YotaGirl
12-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Cool, thanks. I actually wasn't really concerned with it improving my gas mileage. I honestly don't think it could really have that kind of effect. I was more interested in the idea of improving lubrication in the engine.

My concern was what the long term effect of it would be. Could it possibly cause damage down the road. Seems to me that if it did have those lubricating qualities, it would be a nice reassurance on the trail. Say you shear off a drain plug or something, at least you would be able to get off the trail.