PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 4 the way it should be.

all_terrain17
12-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Any Gran Turismo fans here?

So I'm planning on entering the 21st century soon and buying a PS2.. pretty much for the sole purpose of playing this game. Picked up this (http://gear.ign.com/articles/589/589028p1.html) fancy wheel and pedal set, and borrowed a buddy's system.

Wow. I've wasted a bunch of time playing GT before, but this is incredible. I couldn't stop laughing at the novelty of using an actual wheel and pedals to play for the entire first race. The wheel was said to have force feedback, which I though meant it would vibrate or shake when you nailed a wall. Wrong. This thing is actually motorized and fights you as you lose control or hit something. Really fun when you've got a RWD car with lots of power and mash the gas too hard coming out of a corner - the wheel seems to have a mind of its own!

I don't think I've ever had this much fun playing games.

04 Rocko Taco
12-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Thats the GT4 version of th eLogitech Wheel, I have the GT3 version of the wheel and LOVE all the GT games, Also make sure you try tourist Trophy. Its GT on motorcycles, and it is BA!!!!

Nick
12-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Into this century? Don't feel too bad - I think I have you beat! I was sitting in the truck yesterday, waiting for someone and playing Gran Turismo 2 on my Play Station One ( little white one with the LCD ) for a few hours - as 'outdated' as it is, I find it immensely fun. I just got it for five dollars :D

I don't know anything about the new games and don't care too much for them - I like the oldies better - last gaming system I bought was a Nintendo 64, last PC game was War-Craft 2. Don't have too much time these days, but while waiting around....just got my "A" license!

Markduce
12-31-2007, 04:58 AM
I need this. I have reached my limit on the controller driving. I still have a long way to go on GT4. And like you all_terrain my PS2 was mostly for this game. But shortly after getting it my DVD player took a dump so it doubles as that to now. This should be awesome, a good wheel and a 106" screen to play it on.

all_terrain17
12-31-2007, 08:31 AM
It's definitely worth the money - I was up till 2AM playing it last night.

Markduce
12-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Well thanks for bringing it up. :thumbup: I had always wanted to get a wheel for it. but didnt know how good they were.

EWAYota
12-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Do they sell the wheel and pedals as a combo? I just got a PS2 for xmas to sub in for my 360 thats down. GT will be purchased for it, wheel/pedal combo sounds fun. Tried that a long time back with a N64 but the combo sucked.

EWAYota
12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
you using this?
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/SAMICSTORE/RACINGPAD1.jpg

edit:
Didn't see you post that hyperlink earlier.... :chair:

slosurfer
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh man, this looks like so much fun! Looks like some xmas $$$ may be getting diverted from going towards mods on the 4runner. :D

all_terrain17
01-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah the family's ready to send me back to school, since I have it set up in the dining room and play it all night. :D

Things I've discovered with the wheel and pedal set is that you will hardly ever use the stick to shift once you discover the paddles, and that the brake pedal return spring clicks when you depress the brakes. Took it apart though and a little padding fixed that problem.

slosurfer
01-01-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm bummed, I went to Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, etc... today and not one had it. :( Maybe it's a sign. :laugh:

all_terrain17
01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Had to get mine through Buy.com.

Looks like other sites are now the place to go.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Logitech+Driving+Force+Pro&btnG=Search+Products&show=dd&scoring=p

neliconcept
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
my ps2 copy dont work anymore :(. it just keeps at the screen where you can edit the memory card but does not boot past that. :/

im still not done with it either

slosurfer
01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I just went out and got this and the game. I absolutelt love it! Only thing is, I got in 2 or 3 races and then the storm knocked the power out :(

It's still out! I'm lovin' my blackberry though :)

EWAYota
01-07-2008, 04:22 PM
6.00 on ebay, should be getting the game in a week or so. Then I'll start debating whether or not to get the wheel setup.

all_terrain17
01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
If you do decide to get a wheel, don't bother trying to snipe a used wheel on ebay. I tried many times and at least 20 other people were trying to do the same thing..By the time bidding ended, the set was up to retail price. Soo, you can pretty much get your money back if you decide you don't like it.