PDA

View Full Version : Flat Panel TV Wall Mounts - Best Bang for the Buck

Cebby
12-27-2007, 01:58 PM
What's the best bang for the buck out there for a 46" LCD TV?

The local TV place wants $200 for one - seems pretty steep when I've seem them much more reasonable online.

I want a tilt one (mainly because the glare potential from windows is an unknown).

What brands should I look at?

Cebby
12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Bump...

Cebby
12-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Since I wanted to get it ordered, I found a pretty nice unit from Crutchfield. It had a number of great reviews, so it seemed like a good buy. $129 + $11 shipping.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=33900&i=051VMPL50&tp=1416

Good Times
12-27-2007, 11:12 PM
hopefully reggie can give you his 2 cents. he's pretty knowledgeable about these stuff :)

MTL_4runner
12-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I've got my flat screen TV sitting in a corner so I didn't need one. Crutchfield will be a good place to buy from since they really don't carry any junk items like some big box stores do. Reggie would definately be your guy for precise info on this though.

neliconcept
12-28-2007, 03:44 PM
newegg.com has some that are pretty reasonable

my dads for the 37" has a updown swivel mount that also extends 2 feet from the wall itself,

i can get pictures after the weekend if you want.

now that my CircuitCrappy account is free, im debating a 50 inch :)

waskillywabbit
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I got a mount with my 46" LCD...like $250 or something but hell...you don't want a $2K+ tv falling off the wall. This one tilts and DEFINITELY will not let the tv fall...heck you could pull that section of the wall down with it.

I got it at SEARS since they had them in stock.

:guitar:

reggie 00
12-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Sorry last night when i went to get on site was down.

Sanus.
The only mounts we use. We have a few others but we have never had any problems with Sanus mounts.

129 is the normal everyday price for that mount. Next time PM, call, send smoke signals, something. Could have saved ya 30-40 bucks.

Neliconcept's dad has an Articulating mount.

The one in my bedroom pulls out 15".

Flat is the cheapest, then Tilt, the articulating.

Your mount is pretty simple.

Take the display attach the back mounting arms.

Determine the height you are going to want the display to sit at.
Measure from the bottom of the display to the bottom of the hooks on the arm.
Use this measurement to determine the placement of the back plate.

Find two wallstuds. You are going to want to hit at least 2 with 4 lag bolts. PREDRILL. those stupid things will shear off half way in if you dont.

For masonry use some Red head anchors.

Make sure everything is plumb and level.

Pick up the display (its a 46 so it shouldn't be to bad) and hook the back plate.

Reach back and set your tilt and lock it in place with the set screws.

Piece of cake, should only take you 1/2 an hour.