PDA

View Full Version : Pics needed from 5th Annual Pismo 4runner Jamboree

slosurfer
12-28-2007, 10:02 AM
(Mods: feel free to move this or sticky it if this should be somewhere else)

Hey guys and gals, I need your best pics from the jamboree so we can submit an article to 4WDTO mag. These are the type of pictures that the magazine is interested in:

Pics: well lit, sun to your back always, Fine or SuperFine JPEGS at highest resolution possible. Bigger the better. No RAW files please.

Action: lots of different trucks in different locations doin different stuff. I’ve been to Pismo a million times and there tons of spots. Back along the fenced, all whooped out, carving bowls, dropping into bowls, blasting up faces, etc etc. have fun on some runs with the camera and locations and there will be plenty of good pics.

And a few (not too many) of the base camp area and all the Toyotas together.

I will also add: Don't forget about carnage or recovery pics

I think the best way to do this will be for you to PM me and let me know how many pics you want to submit. If you have just a few, I'll just have you email me the fullsize version, and for those that have a bunch of good pics, I'll give you my address and you can mail me a CD. Make sure that you include your name with the pics, so that you can get the photo credit if it gets published.

Once we've chosen the pics to be submitted, we will get the info on the vehicles that are in the pics.

I know there are a ton of good pics, so send them my way. Also, stay tuned for the planning of next year's jambo. I'll be starting that in January. :D
Thanks,
Chris

04 Rocko Taco
12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Thread Stickified Chris!! :king:

slosurfer
12-28-2007, 10:23 AM
^Chris, thanks! You rock! :thumbup:

04 Rocko Taco
12-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Welcome, now just get that article together so i can see it. :)

slosurfer
12-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Mike, I got your email, thanks. Great pics! :thumbup: Looks like I am going to have my work cut out for me. :D

neliconcept
12-28-2007, 02:44 PM
id get whoever has teh pictures to just mail you a dvd/cd of all they have, then combine the pics on a single dvd and send to David Zartman,

if you need his address, ill pm it.

slosurfer
12-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Blake, thanks! That is exactly what I had in mind. I would weed out the obvious ones that he wouldn't want, before burning one CD. I've been in contact with Dave by email, but go ahead and send me that addy just in case.

slosurfer
12-29-2007, 10:45 AM
bump for the weekend crowd :angel:

04 Rocko Taco
12-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Comeon guys! Dont you want to be in 4WDTO Magazine????

Send Chris some pics!!!

slosurfer
12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
:lol: So far I have heard from 4x4Mike and Elripster. I know everyone is busy with the holidays, so I won't pull my PM gun out till after New Years. :D

slosurfer
01-01-2008, 09:25 AM
:coffee: Bump for the New Years Day hangover crowd! :flipoff:

So far, I've heard from 4x4Mike, Elripster, and JnJ. I don't need your pics right this second, but I would like to hear from you if you plan on sending me some. My ratchet and clank PM cannon comes out pretty soon, as I know there are some of you who have some amazing pics. :D

Robinhood4x4
01-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Also, I believe the mags don't like pictures that have already been out on the web. So you might want to remove them if they're out there.

slosurfer
01-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Bump! The holidays are over and you should be finally getting back into the groove again, now you don't have excuses to get me some pics. :D

xonetruthcrewx
01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
The good ones i had i posted. If you want to look through them and tell me which ones you want, i will email the hi res versions to you.

slosurfer
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Colin, thanks! :thumbup: I'll look through them and get back to ya, I know you have some good ones and I didn't know if you had anymore stashed away.

4x4mike
01-14-2008, 11:35 PM
I promise I'll make the CD tomorrow. I have been in Cayucos for the pasy our days on a little get away. We actually made it to Pismo on Sunday but we were on quads and me with no 4Runner.

slosurfer
01-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I promise I'll make the CD tomorrow. I have been in Cayucos for the pasy our days on a little get away. We actually made it to Pismo on Sunday but we were on quads and me with no 4Runner.

Doh! I almost went out to Pismo on Sunday to watch Milton (aka Cabbage) test out his new suspension. I opted to stay home and do chores (boooo!).

You could have delivered the CD since you were only about 8 miles away from where I live. :D No worries, I got tied up with the new baby and getting situated back at home, and going back to work.

4x4mike
01-14-2008, 11:46 PM
I was going to drop you a line before we went but I figured you were busy with the family. Plus I hadn't burned the CD and I had no idea when or where we'd be.

slosurfer
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeh, the fam's been keeping me pretty busy, it has sucked having to go back to work right away. I really need a wheeling fix, it hasn't helped that I have been working about 10 mins. from the dunes. One of these days, I'm going to have to break down and skip out early to hit the dunes.

cplvc
01-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Chris,
I'm not sure if my pictures were all that great since it was cloudy on Friday. I'll send you a CD. I believe I have your address in one of my PM's from when I sent you the t-shirt check.

slosurfer
01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Jwalin, go ahead and send it. pm me if you need my address. thanks :thumbup: