PDA

View Full Version : 4Runner body on truck frame swap

EWAYota
12-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Preferably 92-95's? Just wondering if anyone knows of a write-up or someone who's done it. I've googled and tried pirate, 4x4wire, WATTORA (Did find a good write up on a single cab to extended cab swap there :D ).

I've seen it done on earlier years, 84-89's, 4Runner to truck and vice versa, but nothing on newer years.

Just curious to see what all was required modification wise to the frame as well as the body to pull it off (if it has been).

EWAYota
12-30-2007, 10:25 PM
I looked through pirate, through the build-ups and through the FAQ section to see if they had a write up on that. I also used their advanced google search function and tried key words after key words.

I don't have any specifics photo/info as of right now, just curious to know what all gets cut, moved, notched, welded etc. I'll be heading up to a buddy's (whitetrash from pirate and timbercrawlers) house in the next week or so when my schedule allows and pick his brain. He had mentioned the idea before when I was contemplating an ext. cab swap, but the need or want for the 4Runner body wasn't really there.

This is really just a pure curiosity post at the moment. An ext. cab swap would be something I'd be more likely to do, as body mounts, notching the cab and relocating the gas tank or getting an aftermarket one is really all thats involved. But the idea of putting a 4Runner body on the frame intrigues me.