PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL BEATS RUDY GUILIANI IN IOWA!!!

wifesaysimadumbass
01-04-2008, 06:42 AM
rudy guiliani finishes last in iowa despite being flogged by the media and Ron Paul comes in 3 points behind Mccain and Thompson.... i'd like to hear your thoughts?

Bighead
01-04-2008, 06:49 AM
He came in fifth place...big deal. Guiliani has been sliding for a while.

What surprised me last night was seeing both Obama and Edwards beating Clinton.

ecchamberlin
01-04-2008, 07:57 AM
What surprised me last night was seeing both Obama and Edwards beating Clinton.

That also surprised me. She did do some quick damage control with her speech tone after action though. I think enough Americans are frustrated with the old entrenched political types to make it very hard for her.

People seem to naturally like underdogs hence the junior senator and a no name (until a few months ago) gov.

Ron Paul has some good ideas, but it kinda falls under the characteristics of change. Even if an idea is a good one it may be rejected as too much all at once.
I do question his "leadership presence" though. I hear him talk and say some good things but in my mind he sounds like a whiner. Like a little dog nipping and yipping at bigger dogs if you will. That probably sounds all messed up but it is hard to put into words.

It is just beginning though. Our TV's are under siege until election day.

Still trying to learn as much as I can about the candidates to choose one.

AxleIke
01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
The Iowa Caucus isn't really a good diagnostic. With all the math and formulas that go into that deal, its hard to really put stock in a win there. Not really what I'd call democracy.

Basically the Iowa Caucus is just bragging rights. We'll see how things sit after New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

Ron Paul has some decent ideas. I just don't think he's thought all of his plans through. He gives no thoughts to the Americans who will be jobless without the many departments he wants to dissolve.

TDiddy
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Guiliani didn't even campaign here, so it should be no surprise that Paul beat him. I thought Paul stood a better chance of beating Thompson though.

I went to the caucus last night and was horrified. It was one huge cluster----. Granted there was a record turnout for both parties, but still this was the most archaic process I've ever witnessed. Caucuses may have been good 100 years ago, but its time for Iowa to get with the program and move to a primary.

wifesaysimadumbass
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
i just thought for sure that Guliani would do better than Paul after all he has been on every talk show and tv show.... the exposure that Guliani gets vs Paul is about as much as a local newspaper blurb vs mass cable exposure... it just doesn't seem to me that he would get that far without some serious support

calrockx
01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
myguywon.woohoo.com/obama

Deltron
01-04-2008, 10:17 PM
My poli sci prof loves Ron Paul. She attempts to be unbiased in her teaching but is obviously pro Ron Paul. I agree with a lot of the constitutionalist's points, but independent parties (Paul is a constitutionalist on a Rep. ticket) will never win unless the voters that don't vote, vote.

patrickryanb
02-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Ron Paul is a stud....he is the smartest person running for president. At least he understands not only the problems in the country but the solutions. He doesn't get all the backing from the Rep. party. He makes some great points, and talks about stuff that American people are worried about.

my opinion
patrick