PDA

View Full Version : exide orbital deep cycle marine battery

jimbo74
01-05-2008, 06:33 PM
what do you think?

looking @ getting this battery, its $50 and carries a 1 year warranty

http://www.beiterbattery.com/34dc.JPG

i have seen several different specs on this battery and am not exactly sure which one the store has... but it does look like the one pictured, and all the specs i have seen show more than adequate

this will be used in a daily driven toyota 84 xcab

elripster
01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Exide is great. However, I'd probably get the typical starter battery unless you plan to run a high power stereo often or otherwise drain the battery. The normal ones are better for short burst of power.

I have the Exide 34XCD which is kinda spendy but awesome none the less.

Frank

jimbo74
01-05-2008, 09:16 PM
i do sleep in my truck regularly and leave the radio on a lot... also, i plan on running a setup type with onboard air and some small things like that... haha, there will be a lot of lights on the front of my truck. i plan on having the headlights and at least 2 other sets of lights on the grill guard but they probably wont be on all the time....

the marine batteries i was looking at do have adequate cranking amps, i saw in the neighborhood of like 750-950 CCA which means the cranking power will be higher if temps warmer than 32*

depending on whether or not i keep my explorer, this vehicle may be stored for a week at a time or longer or less