PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Sharia Law to America, interesting to say the least

oly884
03-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Isn't it funny how Christians get ridiculed for bringing religion into ANYTHING, but when Muslims want to bring their religion into the workplace there is no problem. Now, this country was founded on a lot of free rights, but I've just got to ask, am I missing something here???? Is there something that makes it OK for Muslims to do this stuff?

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259761,00.html)

Hey, they sound pretty reasonable, right? (http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/23969)

msw1185
04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I wrote a paper on this last year drawing the correlation of "creeping sharia" in Europe to illegal immigration in America. World-class, if I say so myself.

DrBeau
04-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Isn't it funny how Christians get ridiculed for bringing religion into ANYTHING, but when Muslims want to bring their religion into the workplace there is no problem.

Honestly, I hate it when any religion brings in anything on me (or others). I feel Sharia law should never exist in the US just as I feel ID should never be taught in US (public) schools.

-----

On another note, the mother of a friend of mine said "Christians have to reproduce because in a few years teh Muslims will be the majority and they'll institue Sharia law". Sigh. :shake:

oly884
04-04-2007, 06:09 AM
Isn't it funny how Christians get ridiculed for bringing religion into ANYTHING, but when Muslims want to bring their religion into the workplace there is no problem.

Honestly, I hate it when any religion brings in anything on me (or others). I feel Sharia law should never exist in the US just as I feel ID should never be taught in US (public) schools.

-----

On another note, the mother of a friend of mine said "Christians have to reproduce because in a few years teh Muslims will be the majority and they'll institue Sharia law". Sigh. :shake:

I'm not going to be disagreeing with you here. Forcing religion upon anyone is a pet peeve of mine. However, you're feeling that Sharia law should never exist in the US is different that what you are starting to see in select locations in the US.

As for what your friend's mom said, that's too bad she feels that way.

fustercluck
04-05-2007, 07:29 AM
I understand lessons about the holocaust are to be omitted from public school curricula in the UK because of a politically corrected fear that the Muslim students will be offended by being taught about it.

Ignorance and politics created the holocaust. It appears ignorance and politics will try to sweep it under the rug. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.....

DrBeau
04-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.....

Ain't that the truth?

If that is in fact true (the Britain Holocaust thing), that makes me very sad. I mean...they were there. It's not like WW2 was Gernamny vs. USA. :shake:

I've been to the Museum of Tolerance in LA. I've talked to survivors. The way people can just ignore something so massive amazes me sometimes.

fustercluck
04-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Man's in humanity to man and his undying drive to oppress his brother is the real inconvenient truth...

msw1185
04-10-2007, 11:06 PM
It seems the more I have come to learn about America- our past, our laws, our culture- the more I have come to develop anxiety and remorse for a seemingly inevitable outcome for this- our great experiment in democracy. "An inconvenient truth" could not be more appropriate applied than to refer to our "state of the union."

ChickenLover
04-10-2007, 11:36 PM
but when Muslims want to bring their religion into the workplace there is no problem.

It's called dhimmitude. And it is becoming a world-wide phenomenon. I'll site a really bizarre instance;

A college in Ireland is installing 'culturally sensitive' toilets that are positioned in a way that will allow muslim students to face away from mecca while they drop a log. http://markedmanner.blogspot.com/2007/04/ireland-college-gets-islamic-toilets.html

It is no secret that our mainstream media tends to shy away from stories that show muslims in a bad light. The few blogs and cable news shows that actually do report those stories are often labeled as racist.

I have a feeling that in the near future, Hollywood and MTV will start a new 'cool to be muslim' trend (if they haven't already). The college kids and half-witted lefties will eat that sh*t up!

msw1185
04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I have a feeling that in the near future, Hollywood and MTV will start a new 'cool to be muslim' trend (if they haven't already). The college kids and half-witted lefties will eat that sh*t up!

Already have. Just look at Sandvagina or Sandjia or whatever his name is on "American" (sic) Idol.

Texas Jim
04-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Man's in humanity to man and his undying drive to oppress his brother is the real inconvenient truth...

Amen to that! TJ

aMiR904
04-18-2007, 07:19 AM

Already have. Just look at Sandvagina or Sandjia or whatever his name is on "American" (sic) Idol.

hahaha, sanjaya is not a muslim, thats a hindu name, infact he is half indian half italian.

most of that crap you posted isnt even real islam, most of it seems innovation to me and most of it taken out of context.

msw1185
04-26-2007, 12:50 AM

hahaha, sanjaya is not a muslim, thats a hindu name, infact he is half indian half italian.

most of that crap you posted isnt even real islam, most of it seems innovation to me and most of it taken out of context.

"crap" I posted?? If so, I'm not sure I have said anything about islam at all. Care to expound on your insight?

aMiR904
06-11-2007, 03:49 PM
oops, sorry, i meant the site that oly884 linked to.

oly884
06-11-2007, 05:59 PM
oops, sorry, i meant the site that oly884 linked to.

I agree that the crap that i posted is not REAL islam. However, there are many people in this world who say it's real and use it to harm others. I realize this and by no means am saying that islam IS what I posted. Innovation and taken out of context yes. However, what do you think we should do with those that take islam out of context and use it to justify a war against the western world?

anthony1
10-30-2007, 12:59 AM
I like how this guy thinks....He got balls.
too bad he's in Australia.
http://www.treasurer.gov.au/tsr/content/transcripts/2005/151.asp

"Well the point I would make is this, Australians are free to express themselves about political views, let’s make that clear. But there are some things Australia stands for, has always stood for, always will stand for which will never change. We will never be an Islamic State. We will never observe Sharia Law. We have a Constitution. The Constitution means that Australia has a civil state, that the laws are made by elected representatives. We will always be a democracy and to people who say, well we have come to this country and we would like to turn it into something that it isn’t, I say, you must understand, that will never occur. There are certain core Constitutional things that Australia stands for, always will and expects all of its citizens to accept. And that is a civil government with parliamentary democracy, with democratic law making, with equality between men and women and if you’re someone that doesn’t like those principles then Australia may not be the best place for you."