PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder to those who have a Hi Lift.

xonetruthcrewx
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Make sure the pins and springs are clean and lubed. I know most of you dont ever use them unless you have to when your offroad. If things are not clean and lubed you will run into problems. It will jack the truck up, but when you try to go down, its very possible that it will not function properly and the Hi Lift will simply drop. That could be very bad. So take a few minutes and check your sh*t out.

BruceTS
01-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I always watch the pins as it goe up or down to make sure they engage properly. Also I spray a dry lubricant on the works, this keeps it from collecting dirt.

gregers05
01-12-2008, 07:01 PM
i just hit mine up with a little wd40 before every use. i have it mounted in the bed so its exposed to all of the elements. i didnt have any problems for a long time but the pins eventually started to stick

slosurfer
01-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Bruce, do they sell dry lubricant at the local hardware store or is there some special place to get it?

BruceTS
01-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Ace hardware carries a few types, I use the spray that goes on wet then dries, leaving a film of PTFE lube.....

4runnerchevy
01-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Kroil anyone?

4x4mike
01-14-2008, 11:44 PM
It will jack the truck up, but when you try to go down, its very possible that it will not function properly and the Hi Lift will simply drop.

Been there, done that, busted the handle on my tail gate. Hi-Lifts are scary even when they're used properly.