PDA

View Full Version : LC wheels in CoSprings. NOT MINE

d0ubledown
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
just thought id give the heads up for those in search of some 80 wheels. no affiliation, just saw it on CL. id be on it...but i really dont need a 2nd set of spare LC wheels...

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/537429487.html

Ric
01-13-2008, 10:08 PM
not a bad deal, looks like they could use a little love, lol but nice price.

YotaFun
01-14-2008, 07:36 AM
God I wish I had the money.

AxleIke
01-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Sorry, what is the plus side for these again? I know they are a super popular item for third gen guys, but I was just wondering what the appeal was?

neliconcept
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Sorry, what is the plus side for these again? I know they are a super popular item for third gen guys, but I was just wondering what the appeal was?

just being a 16x8 wheel and keeping 285s off the control arms, and easier to mount 35s when arms are shaved. other then that i dont like em :/

Ric
01-14-2008, 10:15 PM
I like the look and fit better than stock, but thats me, if I didnt have a set, Id get these

d0ubledown
01-16-2008, 09:53 AM

they're oem, so you know the quality is there. they're alloy, so theyre a much ligher, better looking replacement than a heavy black steelie. they're wider than stock with a 4.5" BS, so you can mount wider tires on em. they're "deep dish" so the look wider than they are.

and..with this particular set, they're cheap. not as cheap as the 3rd set i bought though... $200 for 5 wheels. nuts, and wheel locks. still, well priced when looking at replacement alloys (not steelies) for your truck.

imo, best looking wheel out there. the FJC's & 99-00 runner wheels are nice..but not wide enough and not enough BS. i personally like using oem replacements and not aftermarket generics.