PDA

View Full Version : Killer Toy Tops - experiences?

4LowLocked
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi Guys,

Im trying to help out a buddy of mine who has been searching for years for a good soft top for his 88 4Runner that doesn't require drilling.

I have found this company out of Edmonton Alberta that seems to have just released a new soft top that uses the existing hard top mounts. (featured in the Jan08 4wd Toyota Owner Mag)

http://www.killertoytops.com

Has anyone here looked into this product? or already picked on up?

Do the prices seem reasonable?

Thanks for looking and your help!

http://www.killertoytops.com/files/CIMG2052.jpg

4runnerchevy
01-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Sounds like $1000-$1200 to get it to your door. I like my Kayline and a few holes didn't hurt my ugly truck. If you got the money, it sounds good. Definitly treat the top and vinyl windows with some protectant w/sunscreen. My Kayline is on its 8th year (costed approx $450), and finally needs replacing (wife will sew a new top).

swerks
01-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I think this company is very new

4runnerchevy
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
It sounds good, if you got the cash. If you get it, write a review and have these guys post it. Take some pics I wants to see it!

austintaco
02-07-2008, 07:16 AM
I am surprised there is not a post from the mfr of these tops. He's been answering questions on some of the other forums. I like his design and the fact that you can get it made to your liking. He's even offering to do custom jobs for bobbed beds and colors.
I have a kayline at the moment, and I will wear it out before I buy a new one, but if I had to buy a soft top today, I would look into this one. Besides, are there any other mfr's out there at the moment?

4runnerchevy
02-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I believe Quadratec bought the patterns from Kayline and you couldn't get them for a while (or still cant). I am thankful I have one and a wife that can sew.

klr toy
02-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi, guys! My name is Shawn and Killer Toy Tops is my baby. Yes, this is very new. I came up with the design last year because I wanted to make something cool and functional for my own rig (which somebody else posted on here). Once I got into it and got setup, I found that it was a tremendous amount of work and expense, Much more than I had anticipated. That being said, I decided to see if anybody else would be interested in me reproducing them. I posted on a couple of other forums and got some good feedback. I sent a top to Ben Crockett to get an independent unbiased opinion of my design and, well, please feel free to read the review in 4WD Toyota Owner! As a result of all this, I am now in business! So far, I've only made a handful, but so far everybody seems to be happy. Unlike Bestop, Kayline, and whoever else you can think of that couldn't care less about Toy's or their owners, I custom make every one of these tops in my basement from start to finish with my own 2 hands. I'm always willing to listen to criticism and do whatever I can to keep our community growing. I'm in this because I love Toyota's and what I charge basically covers the cost of materials and my labour. I'm always available to answer questions. My number is (780)991-6844. Check out my site www.killertoytops.com. I'm working on a design for a bikini top and also an integrated rack setup which will be available very soon. Cheers!