PDA

View Full Version : TDS ...... So Cal

Marc P
01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Well Superstiton 10 is past.....now onto the next big run

TDS (Tierra Del Sol) is coming soon...Friday Feb 29th-March 2

As with last year, it has been moved to Ocotillo Wells....that sucks.

I am planning on registering for the event, but going on the All-Pro sponsored run to Truckhaven on Sat. After the last run I did with a bunch of rude jeepers, I want to roll with the Yotas.

Here is the link to what they are planning...
http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=176

As with our other trips, I am inviting anyone from So Cal, AZ, NV that wants to have a good time.

[Edit - Good Times - Added to calendar]

Phalanx
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm in :thumbup:

freejake3
01-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm in. Are we camping at your buddy's house Marc? I remember he had said something
regarding camping out in his back yard.

Seanz0rz
01-29-2008, 03:30 PM
im out, got midterms and projects due on the first week of march.

have fun and grab lots of pics (not like S10!)

Marc P
01-29-2008, 07:29 PM
I dont think I really want to "camp" in Tom's yard, but we can go there and hang out....he has this huge Rubbermaid swimming pool for the kids.

What we need to figure out is what wheeling do we want to do on Sat? I am not running Ocotillo with the heeps....I either want to do the All-Pro run, or plan our own.

Phalanx
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Lets see how quick the 30 rig limit fills up. If theres room for all of us, then cool, If not... Borrego?

freejake3
01-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Cool. I signed up for the AP run but don't care one way or another. This will be my
first TDS but sticking with the Toys, whether it be AP or the SD boys, is priority. Maybe
we can pick a camping spot with some elevation to it for a change of scenery. Something in
the 2000'+ range would be killer. Camping with the boy this weekend and checking out Pinyon
Wash (traveling south from the 78). Anxious to see something different. Looks like it
goes back around 5mi or so. I'm off track as usual.............

randver
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
i cant make it. i will be having surgery on my wrist on the 29 of Feb

Tankota
01-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Right on! I wont take my truck apart the week before a big run this time. :clap: I'm down for either the AllPro run or our own.
It would be cool to kick it with some other yotas though. Any idea what their run will be rated.

Marc P
01-30-2008, 06:20 AM
I am signed up for the AP run now. Between the Rock Brawlers, Nowhitefenders, and the adv 4x4 FJ's, there should be a good mix of Yotas.

Zach--they will probably follow close to the same route we did last year. And as you know, Truckhaven is as hard as you want it to be.

Tankota
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm registered for the AP run :clap:

Anybody who registered befor Jan 30th should recheck the AP website to make sure your still on the rigister. I guess they lost all the registrations before the 30th.

Marc P
01-30-2008, 08:06 PM
damn....that sucks

elripster
01-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Well I'm dropping my thirds off to be regeared tomorrow. I'll be outta town from the 10th to the 18th. After that tires and gear install. I don't know if I can make this and if signing up late means I get stuck with Jeeps again, well, I'll make proud for the 'yota.

Frank

RobT2K
01-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, I'm scheduled to work that weekend, but last year around that time I got a really bad seasonal flu.
I'll play it by ear ;)
P.S. where are you guys signing up? Do you have to pay for the All Pro run?

Marc P
01-31-2008, 08:49 PM
They want you to register for TDS.

My buddy Tom has invited us to stay on his land for the weekend. It is on the corner of Split Mtn Rd. What do you guys think? or should we camp closer to All-Pro's Camp Toyota? They are offering dinner and a slideshow of the days wheeling.

freejake3
02-01-2008, 06:51 AM
Do you know where they are camping? We could always camp Fri. at TOm's and relocate
for Saturday night. Whatever the group decides I'm fine with.......

Tankota
02-01-2008, 07:46 AM
I think it would be fun to camp nearer the main deal. Kinda like we did last time.
Since theres no piece or serenity out there at this time anyway, its kinda cool to be in the midst of all the offroading madness.

Either way though. It is nice of Tom to invite us.

Marc P
02-02-2008, 06:47 AM
I must be a cheapo, because I dont remember TDS costing $50. :flipoff:

Here is the registration link
http://www.tds4x4.com/index.php

freejake3
02-02-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm sure it's for a good cause and all but I can't swing the $$. Super 10
was my annual giving fund. How about a SD Toy run only?.........

RobT2K
02-02-2008, 01:23 PM
That sounds like a good idea, but we've got to make sure we don't get stuck behind any TDS scheduled runs. That will be the hard part, anyone know if JustRuns is going to be out there too? They seem to keep out of the way of TDS most of the time.

Tankota
02-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I think TDS registration is required for the AP run. The TDS price did go up from last year though. Used to be $45.

Whoever we wheel with lets not get stuck in a huge group where you end up idling and waiting more that wheeling.

elripster
02-04-2008, 10:18 PM
For those of you who have wheeled Truckhaven, well, is it worth me signing up my rig or will I essentially wear out a tow strap? (33's, LSD, 5.71's, no armor yet.)

I'm trying to get my work travel finalized so I know whether I'm leaving Sunday or Monday. If Monday I'm there for sure even if I have to wheel with 100 Jeeps on an easy run with all of their tires aired up and sway bars on spinning their tires tearing up the trail then stacking 500 rocks to make it easy...whoa, digressed there...

Frank

Marc P
02-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Frank...you will have a blast at Truckhaven. You can make it as easy or hard as you want.

I have told Tom that we will be camping on his property Sat night. It sounds like Mikey and Eric are out, so what do the rest of us want to do??

We could camp Friday either at Toms or at Truckhaven, or we could all just meet up Sat morning at Truckhaven. Last year we met up in the morning at Truckhaven, wheeled there for a few hours, then cut across the desert via Crossover trail and Pumpkin Patch. We made it to Ocotillo Wells at about 4pm and camped in the dust bowl with a group from NVTTORA.

I am going to cancel with All-Pro. I cant afford the $50 right now....need new front springs.

Tankota
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Well if your gonna pull out of allpro's run I'll cancel too. Actually work has been way too slow for me and I think that my $50 will be spent on gas money geting out there instead.

As for camping I wouldn't mind hanging out somewhere in o-wells on saturday night. Its kinda fun doing some local night wheeling and watching everyone play on the hill.

Tankota
02-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh I just saw that were camping at Toms on Sat night. Thats cool too, it will be a little quieter there anyway, hehe.
I'm up for a group camp on Friday if anyone else is interested. Do we have any sort of head count yet.

Are you planning on wheeling at all on Sunday Mark?

freejake3
02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm trying to get my weekend shift covered - brain fart on that one. I'll fit into the general plan of things as we get closer.

elripster
02-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Well guys I'm going to miss this one. I have to leave town for work the 2nd for a few weeks and am going to spend Saturday with the new wife. I'll be back on the 19th and will work from San Diego for a few weeks so if something pops up I'll jump on it. After all, I need test out these new 33's, 5.71's and rear Truetrac... right?

Frank

freejake3
02-20-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm out.....couldn't work out the schedule. :( Have fun and make sure if you go on the run with AP someone takes some pics of their SAS FJ Cruiser.

Marc P
02-22-2008, 06:30 AM
So I see a bunch of people are not going...busters

Who is going??

Zach
Josh
Rob
Anthony

Who else??

Smiling_Jim
02-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Marc,

I gonna try to make it. Gotta put the flatbed back together first, though.

Email me some directions to your buddy Tom's place.

Tankota
02-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Mark, did you cancel on the AP run. I still see you name on the list.
Maybe they just havent removed it yet.

RobT2K
02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
So I see a bunch of people are not going...busters

Who is going??

Zach
Josh
Rob
Anthony

Who else??

I'm still working that weekend, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get it off.
So far, I've never been able to make it to a TDS safari. It's like clockwork.

Tankota
02-26-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm still working that weekend, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get it off.
So far, I've never been able to make it to a TDS safari. It's like clockwork.

Kinda like me never making a Superstition rally :chair:

Marc P
02-27-2008, 09:16 PM
My plan for TDS is basically the same as last year. Meet at 9:30 on N. Marina Dr., the street that leads to Truckhaven.

Wheel at TH for a few hours, then cut across the desert to Ocotillo Wells. I plan on staying on my friend Tom's land Sat night. He lives on the corner of 78 and Split Mt rd.

Depending on whats going on, I may hit Coyote Canyon on Sunday.

Tankota
02-28-2008, 12:01 AM
My plan for TDS is basically the same as last year. Meet at 9:30 on N. Marina Dr., the street that leads to Truckhaven.

Wheel at TH for a few hours, then cut across the desert to Ocotillo Wells. I plan on staying on my friend Tom's land Sat night. He lives on the corner of 78 and Split Mt rd.

Depending on whats going on, I may hit Coyote Canyon on Sunday.

Mark - Are you driving out Sat morning, or Friday night?
My brothers and I plan on going out as early on Friday as we can, and wheeling around a bit. Prolly down through rodrigues canyon and accross to fish creek. I found some gnarly tributaries from fishcreek that I want to play in and explore a little.

I'll be there to meet up on Saturday and camp at Toms if he has room. I plan on wheeling on Sunday too if people are up for it.
Can we have a fire at Tom's place?

Tankota
02-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Sweet! My body lift just arrived from Sky. Lets see it i can get it all on before tomorrow. :screwy:

Marc P
02-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I will be out early Sat morning. Are you going to meet me at TH??

RobG
02-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Marc,

I might be doing a day trip Sunday but it's totally up in the air right now. Might run into you on Lower Coyote. Won't know until later Saturday.

Smiling_Jim
02-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Bummer,

I am going miss this one.

Truck is fixed, but I'm going to Mammoth.

Gotta season pass, and FREE lodging, so Gotta Go...

Lemme know if you guys do Corral Canyon, Bronco, Sidewinder someday this Spring...

Have Fun!!

Tankota
02-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I will be out early Sat morning. Are you going to meet me at TH??

Ill be there at N. Marina Dr at 0930.

Is this an accurate list of who is going?

Mark
Zach
Josh
Anthony

We will all meet on the corner there

Phalanx
02-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pass on this one too. :(