PDA

View Full Version : Cheap HID lights

cooldry
01-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Has anyone seen these or know anything about them? It's cheaper than a conversion.

http://www.partsamerica.com:80/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=CSM&MfrPartNumber=99000CSK

slosurfer
01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
There is a thread w/ pics about them over at expedition portal. Seems to work pretty good and super cheap to boot.
Expo Cheap HID thread (http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10341)

Good Times
01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
here's another alternative... lightforce is coming out with a new product that's the size between the 170 and 240. it'll be HID and should be sweet :) of course the price will be bling bling but shoot I'm game :D

slosurfer
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
here's another alternative... lightforce is coming out with a new product that's the size between the 170 and 240. it'll be HID and should be sweet :) of course the price will be bling bling but shoot I'm game :D

Sweet! Do you know if they are going to be adjustable like the 170's and 240 Blitz?

cooldry
01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for that link Chris. Very informative. Sure Lance, I shouldn't have any problems getting those new HID's. Afterall I'm only made of money... NOT!!! That sure is big talk coming from a guy that doesn't have anything to put the lights on. Since you seem to be getting good at fabricating, maybe you can make something to attach those HID's to the handlebar of your bike. :tongueout:

cooldry
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Lance, there's a guy on CL that's selling 4 of the 240 HID's for $400 each. Interested? You take two and I'll take two. I'm sure if we get them at the same time he'll give us a price break.

Good Times
01-31-2008, 05:57 PM
haha i'm not made of $$ either!

the new lf's are gonna come in two flavors; fog or spot. (non-adjustable).

as for the 240 HID's going for $400 each (hell no!) I've already got 3 XGT's sitting in boxes waiting for me to finish the truck :)

o and the truck does look sexy! I should be able to drive it tomorrow night (in the driveway only!). Bob's going to be over sat so we'll be able to get the little stuff finished and I'll be rockin and rollin w/ my truck and run over your 80! muhahaha :D

hey you know there's the mojave run coming up in 2 weeks right? you think you can make that one too? that's the one I'm trying to make :)

cooldry
02-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing you're truck. I can't make two trips so close together. You should throw some pebbles on your driveway so you can see how your truck handles offroad. Hopefully it won't fall apart when you drive over one of them. :D. Why don't you try to make the DV trip?

Seanz0rz
02-01-2008, 09:21 AM
i think lance is afraid of DV!!!

back on topic, im looking to convert my daylighters to hid someday.

Good Times
02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm schedule to be in DV either week 2 or 3 to meet up with Pete (locked up) for some camping and limited offroading. We'll be doing more exploration via foot so I just can't make that many trips in a short period (dang gas is pretty expensive ya know!)