PDA

View Full Version : Driver Door Stuck Locked

traben27
02-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Here's what happened:

Stuck the key in, unlocked it and it seemed to pop more than usual, started the truck, shut the door. Door didn't shut, just bounced back as if the latch was locked, hit the unlock button a few times and then the door shut. Tried to open it back up and it was stuck locked. Climbed in through the drivers side, tried pulling up on the lock but wouldn't budge, same with door handle. Took the keys out put it in the outside and I can turn it to the left (lock), but not to the right. Passenger side works fine which is good because the drivers side is now locked and shut.

Diagnose my problem...please :angel:

-Casey

randver
02-01-2008, 11:45 PM
take a screw driver and pull the lach in the door frame back down.

traben27
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm a little confused on how I'm supposed to get to it...the doors shut...and stuck. Do I need to take all the crap off the door or something? I figured I probably would buuut...I was still hoping I wouldn't.

randver
02-01-2008, 11:49 PM
sorry did not read where it finely closed

traben27
02-01-2008, 11:50 PM
I edited the first post a little to make it more obvious, thanks for pointing that out and trying to help though.

traben27
02-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Did a little searching around the web, seems to be a somewhat common problem. From what I understand, I basically just need to pull the inside panel off and look around for anything that looks broken or thats maybe stuck, hopefully we'll be slow at work tomorrow so I can pull it in and work on it. One can only pray nobody decides they need tires tomorrow ;)

Seanz0rz
02-02-2008, 09:59 AM
superbowl tomorrow, so probably, everyone who hates foot ball goes shopping that day (in some cities that means no one, in other that means half)

traben27
02-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Well, I'm not sure what happened but today it worked perfectly fine. I'm thinking maybe something was frozen inside and it was temporarily jammed, although it seems like it would've worked after a few tries.

Robinhood4x4
02-10-2008, 08:27 AM
This happened to me once, and it turned out to be a broken return spring. With the door locked closed I had to peel the inside panel off partially to gain access.

yotastan
02-10-2008, 08:57 AM
I know on ym dads car same things happened exact same and he just took the door pannel off and sprayed a whole bunch of krown on all the lock mechanism and it hasnt been a problem since..

cheers