PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite in September?

YotaGirl
02-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I've been thinking a trip to the Yosemite area for some wheeling and hiking would be fun. A couple of you have also shown an interest as well, so....here is the interest thread for an UY Yosemite trip. I have access to some condos in Bass Lake (which is very close to the start of several trails) so I was thinking we would use that as our base "camp". The cost would be somewhere around $50-60 per person for 5 days.

I was thinking about these dates:
August 29- September 3 (Labor Day weekend...might be crowded up there)
or
September 11- 16
or
September 18- 23

Post up if you might be interested in going and which dates you like best.

Seanz0rz
02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
i vote for not labor day, its going to be PACKED.

im good for any of those dates though!

scottiac
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Sounds good to me!

It will be jammed, so avoiding the holiday weekend would be prudent.

04 Rocko Taco
02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
ooohhh.... I wanna go...

cplvc
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I hiked half-dome last year on Memorial Day weekend it was great weather. I haven't gone wheeling around there but I'd be up for that. Too early to tell, but for now those dates look good.

Bob98SR5
02-06-2008, 01:31 PM
oh now this sounds cool! put me in the interested column

DHC6twinotter
02-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I want to go too! Sounds awesome. :D

YotaFun
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Put me down int eh interested column as well. :D

YotaGirl
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
It would definitely be awesome to get some east coasters out here for this trip. You all would get to see the best of California.

xonetruthcrewx
02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Bass Lake is cool. Its been a while since ive been up there. If the truck is still around i will definitely be down. You consider Shaver Lake area? A little closer for us SoCal folks and there is a lot of wheeling in that area. Tons of good trails.

elripster
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
If we can swing it we'll go. Won't know until much closer to that date though.

Frank

4runnerchevy
02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
I might be able but I am on the Rubicon start of the 15th.

Good Times
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
my best friend is getting hitched on the 6th so that weekend is out. otherwise I'm game for any other weekend! put me down as a tentative YES! :D will be nice to hike up half dome before they close that place down!

scottiac
02-06-2008, 09:53 PM
The 11-16 would be our preference... we're thinking we'd like to ride the Tahoe Sierra Century on the 20th weekend for our anniversary. (My wife has a strange idea of fun!!)

But we'll probably go whenever it ends up being!

Good Times
02-06-2008, 10:36 PM
How about August 14-19? Just throwing out some dates :)

YotaGirl
02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Bass Lake is cool. Its been a while since ive been up there. If the truck is still around i will definitely be down. You consider Shaver Lake area? A little closer for us SoCal folks and there is a lot of wheeling in that area. Tons of good trails.

I have heard great things about the Shaver Lake area and would love to get up there soon to do some of the trails. However, the way I want to plan this trip will be similar to the way Lance and Bob have done the June Lake trips in the past where we can all try out different stuff. This won't be an offroad only trip. I personally want to get some hiking in, maybe a little fishing and also some offroading. Once I make it official I'll post up some of the great sights to see as well as the list of trails in the area.

If we can swing it we'll go. Won't know until much closer to that date though.

Frank

I hope you guys will be able to make it. You were the ones I had in mind when I started thinking about Yosemite, since you haven't been there before. :)

I might be able but I am on the Rubicon start of the 15th.

How long do you plan to take to run it? Is this the Marlin Round-up? I know it's in Sept...just wasn't sure of the date.

The 11-16 would be our preference... we're thinking we'd like to ride the Tahoe Sierra Century on the 20th weekend for our anniversary. (My wife has a strange idea of fun!!)

But we'll probably go whenever it ends up being!

Cool deal. We'll see what we can do. :D

my best friend is getting hitched on the 6th so that weekend is out. otherwise I'm game for any other weekend! put me down as a tentative YES! :D will be nice to hike up half dome before they close that place down!

I was thinking Half Dome, too. It can be done in a day but it is usually better to do it in 2. I'm going to really consider this...I guess it depends on how many trails people want to run. I'll get back to you on it.

How about August 14-19? Just throwing out some dates :)

Yosemite is really really crowded during July and August. I want to avoid having to wait in line to hike up a mountain...this is mainly why I was keeping it to September. We'll avoid most of the rush and the weather will still be nice.

4runnerchevy
02-07-2008, 05:31 AM
JnJ, no this is a scheduled date that, hopefuly, no big runs are planned. I hate being in a 100 vehicle run. Its slow.

slosurfer
02-07-2008, 06:21 PM
:thumbup: We're definately interested! :clap:

scottiac
02-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I was thinking Half Dome, too. It can be done in a day but it is usually better to do it in 2. I'm going to really consider this...I guess it depends on how many trails people want to run. I'll get back to you on it.

What Molly (my infinitely better half; no, not *that* molly!) is thinking is hiking up half-dome in the freakin' wee hours (while it's dark), and doing the sunrise from the top :thumbup: and then hiking down counter-commute, as it were.

YotaGirl
02-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Alrighty folks, it seems like there is enough interest for this event. I'm going to go ahead and make it official. I think we're going to go with Sept. 18-24 (I added an extra day in there cause we have the condos for a week, but people can leave early if they need to).

boogyman
02-24-2008, 09:55 AM
we're not gonna make this one, sorry guys. stacey and i are gettin married on the 20th :-)

slosurfer
02-24-2008, 10:02 AM
we're not gonna make this one, sorry guys. stacey and i are gettin married on the 20th :-)

:clap: :clap:Congrats, it's about time, LOL! :clap: Bummed you can't make it to yosemite though.
:( April says congratutlations also. :thumbup:

boogyman
02-28-2008, 10:42 PM
hehe, thanks. we'll be around for the next trips though :D

reggie 00
05-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Bump.

Any more info on the Trip Jen?

Sept should be nice.

YotaGirl
05-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Nothing new to post...it's still a go. Justin and I are looking forward to it.

Is everyone else still in? I know a few of you mentioned only coming up part of the week, have you all decided when you wanted to get up there?

reggie 00
05-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm going to try for the better part of the time there. But its going to depend on work and money so i wont know till i get closer.

But i will be there one way or another. The yearly NorCal/SoCal trip is one i never try to miss.

YotaGirl
05-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Sounds good! Can't wait to see ya again!

Seanz0rz
05-18-2008, 05:03 PM
im def. still in. looking forward to it soooo much!