PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen running board removal

yotanut
02-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey guys how is it? hopefully well anyways in a few months i will start driving the family 4th gen limited v6 and among other mods i would like to remove the running boards. well since it is a limited the boards have lights and i dont want the wires just hanging there so does anybody know exactly where the fuse is to disable them. goodtimes you seem to be the man when it comes to 4th gens, help a brotha out. i will be doing the full time 12v mod soon ,so need to if it's back there where i'll be behind the lower dash. thanks in advance for any info
good job with site guy's

Good Times
02-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Good question! I'm actually not sure if it has it's own separate fuse for the running boards but I can check the service manual and see if I can find one. Let me check it later tonight when I get a chance to get my books out.

4x4mike
02-11-2008, 10:39 AM
You could wire them up to some LED's or other low draw light and use them as puddle lights. They would kind of serve the same purpose as the running board lights. Or you could beef up the wiring and use it for rock lights.