PDA

View Full Version : Ill trade you my sliders for bikey stuff

Chapman88SR5
02-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Ok I won the sliders from WabFab in the very first UY give away! Yeah that was sweet. However, they are still not on my truck! I know its a shame and a waste. Which is exactly why I will trade someone my sliders for wheels (the new Deore XT wheels would be nice), crankset, etc. just tell me what ya got. The sliders are the regular ones not the flared out style. Comes with the mounting legs and gussets. Of course... you pay the shipping.

waskillywabbit
02-12-2008, 08:24 PM
:( :roll: :shake: :screwy: :confused: :flipoff:

:guitar:

neliconcept
02-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Ok I won the sliders from WabFab in the very first UY give away! Yeah that was sweet. However, they are still not on my truck! I know its a shame and a waste. Which is exactly why I will trade someone my sliders for wheels (the new Deore XT wheels would be nice), crankset, etc. just tell me what ya got. The sliders are the regular ones not the flared out style. Comes with the mounting legs and gussets. Of course... you pay the shipping.

talk to habenero, she needs sliders, and has like a bike shop in her garage, i counted somewhere around like 11.

Chapman88SR5
02-12-2008, 11:32 PM
thanks for the reply.

I just don't feel right holding on to these sliders when they could be rightfully abused by someone who will love them

habanero
02-13-2008, 05:42 AM
Thanks for thinking of me and you're right, sliders are on my list! My really really big list....
Even a few more bikes than that but all my stuff is oooolllllddddd and heavily used. I've got 3 or 4 wheelsets laying around but not a one under 10 years old. I do use a lot of xt, some ringle and a nukeproof but all still in use and nothing with under 5,000 miles, most with over 10,000.
Guess the biopace crankset is out??? Really, I have one!:D

patrickryanb
02-13-2008, 06:16 AM
So I suppose you want disk compatible wheels, I was gonna say I have a Chris king rhino light combo front and rear laying around, but they are the old school "v-brake" hubs, as well as an avid front brake, some other random XTR stuff.

Chapman88SR5
02-13-2008, 06:42 AM
hab-
I am ok with older stuff! im interested in the nukeproof stuff, I can't really find those anywhere but ebay (occasionally). I would just make a short list of stuff, including the condition, of stuff you don't need or want anymore.

patrick-
Yes I want disc stuff however I would not throw out the idea of having a king wheelset (i have an older bike that has v-brakes). What other XTR stuff do you have?

I know you are all assuming this anyway but just to make sure; these sliders are brand new, never mounted, and never painted. I could just sell these but I don't feel right selling something I won as a giveaway. Oh and Brian I finally put the wabfab sticker on my truck and I am wearing youre wabfab shirt for a week straight just to make up for it!

cooldry
02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Guess the biopace crankset is out??? Really, I have one!:D

Shimano brought the biopace crankset back and it's been in the tour since last year. Which I thought was kind of weird because I thought they didn't work.

Chapman88SR5
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I will also throw in some WTB Laser Disc DH rims brand new in the pot for trade if you really got somethin nice!

First time I ever worked on a biopace crank I was so confused (until I realized it was a biopace I couldn't tell what was wrong!)

4x4mike
02-14-2008, 05:58 PM
At my old place (before the Mrs.) I used to have a biopace windchime. Working at a shop I had unlimted access to old broken worthless stuff. I can't tell you how many bottle openers, picture frames, clocks, windchime, etc things I made. My roommate always warned me about that windchime as I found the windiest place to hang it. He said I better brace myself when someone came to the door with a chainring in their forehead.