PDA

View Full Version : Another Lightforce question

cooldry
02-20-2008, 09:03 AM
When I wired up my LF, everything works the way it's supposed to, but when I have the switch on and turn off the engine, the lights turn on. So if I ever forget to turn the switch off before leaving the truck, I'll come back to a dead battery. I'll assume this is not normal. Any thoughts? :headscratch:

slosurfer
02-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Do you have it wired directly to the battery or is it tapped into the highbeams?

calrockx
02-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Mine stay on too when I turn the truck off. I have them wired to the battery.
And I'm fine with that, I've used them a couple times to illuminate, say, a camp site with the truck off. I'm just careful to not let them drain the battery.

cooldry
02-20-2008, 09:54 AM
It's tapped into the highbeams.

Highbeam and switch on: light on
Lowbeam and switch on or off: light off
Switch on and engine off: light on

cooldry
02-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Oops, I take that back. I have them directly to the battery. But connected to the highbeam controls. Thanks for your help guys. Good point Calrockx. I think I'll leave them like this for awhile and see how it goes. But if my battery goes dead in the middle of night out in nowhere, expect a call from me Lance or Bob. :tongueout:

Bob98SR5
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
David,

Wait, you have those wired to your high beams? Personally, I'd just have them wired fully independent of your low and high beams.

slosurfer
02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
David,

Wait, you have those wired to your high beams? Personally, I'd just have them wired fully independent of your low and high beams.

I agree, I wouldn't have that as my only option. I went with a DPDT switch so that I could control them with my highbeams and turn them on whenever. Controlling them with the highbeams work well for the night trips home from DV and MOjave, otherwise I just use the whenever side of the switch.

cooldry
02-20-2008, 04:39 PM
David,

I guess that makes sense. I just followed the instructions and didn't question any other options. Duh.

Bob98SR5
02-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Its not difficult to reroute the wires. look at my hella 500 page

cooldry
02-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks for that right up Bob. I'll try it when I get home. Sure you don't want to go to DV? If you change your mind, let me know.

Bob98SR5
02-22-2008, 04:36 PM
yeah i gotta finish the mercedes; neighbors are getting pissed