PDA

View Full Version : Dvr side lower control arm mount-deformed

anthony1
02-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Anyone with SAS has this problem?
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/audiorat1/4runner/ds_lc_mount4.jpg

The driver side lower control arm mount is deformed. I don't think it's design with OMU FJ80 coils in mind. I think it's not design to work with that angle.

I think I need to either reinforce the mount or chop the whole thing off and go to leaf.
This is my DD so I can not have the truck down long while I cut it up.

Does this happen to anyone else with OMU 680 coils in the back?
I'm using AllPro end links on the upper and lower.

anthony1
02-22-2008, 11:53 PM
I have AP pan hard bar raised as well.
I moved my tank to the back a while ago....the tank is on the other side anyway.

Marc P
02-23-2008, 06:36 AM
I have almost the exact same setup, and I dont have any issues with my mounts...yet.

Mine have been hit by rocks on both sides, but dont look like that. You have been running the 860's longer than me, but I think I wheel more than you.

I would straighten it and gusset it. I may go leafs one day too, but for now I dont have a reason.

anthony1
02-24-2008, 02:23 PM
looks interesting. I dont' want to drop the mount down so the rocks can attack them though. I might add a piece of metal on each side of the existing brackets.....or go leaf if I can get another dd.

anthony1
02-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I think I know how I deformed the mount. I've been backing up into parking space against the curb with my drive side rear tires. It's not from wheeling. I'll just beefed up the mount.

Intrepidyota
02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Also, I forgot, you've also YotaMaster's local to you, well, relatively, and I know, IIRC, they'd probably be down for an appointment and 1 or 2 day turnaround.

Cal-Mini might also be able to do the same.

Gusset and rockgaurd combination pic for you...

This one's part of a crappy suspension lift, but something very similar can easily be fabbed up.
*You'll need some longer bolts though to accommodate the extra width.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/brianXtdc/IMG_0637.jpg

Good god!!!! I wouldn't even THINK about that rock anchor. :screwy: I get hung up on my chevy spring mounts in the front and they are like 1/8 the height of that.

I say pull the arm out, straighten it out, plate it all around, make sure the plates extend to the frame, so that it doesn't bend around the plate, then bolt it all back up.

anthony1
02-26-2008, 01:53 PM
"
*Why should that have been a factor when it's the other end of your Runner??"

Most people don't need that kind of setup without doing SAS in the front.
Even 4" IFS bracket lift don't need it.

anthony1
02-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Intrapidyota:
That's what I'm leaning toward doing at this point.
I 'll go ahead and add some metals to the rest of my mounts also.