PDA

View Full Version : Interco TrXus MT

calrockx
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Let's talk about that tire.

Users - give me your impressions.
I'm looking at making those my next tires.

I'd go for another set of Goodyear MTRs, but apparently they're on a shortage, an no one around LA has them or knows if they'll be available soon.

http://www.ntwonline.com/natltire/images/sstrxus.jpg

Tankota
03-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Looks like a pretty good tire. Do you do much road driving? I know most Interco tires dont have excelent on road manners like the MTR's. I guess some people have had sidewall blowouts at highway speeds with these.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/TrXus_MT.htm

This is where I looked for my new tires.

04 Rocko Taco
03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey PM Hillbilly_Young01, or the closest thing you can find to it in the member list, he has been running a 33" Truxxs M/T for a couple of years now (on his second set) he DD's his truck, as well as wheeling like a crazy man... so Im sure he could offer some insight for ya!

calrockx
03-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah, these'll be on my daily driver.

I saw that blowout page too, but pretty much all else I've read on them counters that. So...I guess keep em properly inflated and don't drive a heavily loaded pickup and I'm good, I guess.

4runnerchevy
03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I run Interco radials, never had a problem at 10 psi or at 32 psi, at any speed. Soft rubber won't last as long but bitchen trail tires. Go for it !

Lee
03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
charles, i bought em new and ran em and wheeled the heck out of them for 8 months or so, put a good 30K on em at least on my 3rd gen.

here's my "review:

offroad: AMAZING in all terrains, wet or dry, mud or snow, rocks or loose dirt, esp when brand new. after they wear down they, like every tire, dont grip AS well as new (when they're new theyre like glue) but theyre great anyway.

onroad: loud (esp when worn down), hard to balance. literally tried to balance them 10-15 times and could never get it right. they wore down faster than i would have liked but i beat them up and they kept on ticking. they took big, deep sidewall gouges without a problem.

overall, theyre a great tire for the price if you dont mind the chance that you may have to deal with tires that are loud and hard to balance. offroad theyre awesome.

Lee
03-04-2008, 08:51 PM
here they are on my truck.. gone but not forgotten :)

http://kidmoe.com/lotpics/CIMG3115.jpg

neliconcept
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
i was also wondering about the trxxus series but more along the lines of the STS in a 35x12.50

ill keep a watch out

Good Times
03-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey charles you check out Nitto's line up? Just wondering.

Carry on!

d0ubledown
03-04-2008, 10:53 PM
here's (http://item.express.ebay.com/Vehicle-Parts-Accessories___4-315-75-16-Goodyear-Wrangler-MT-R-Tires-75R16-R16-75R_W0QQitemZ190192601921QQihZ009QQddnZVehicleQ20P artsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ1168QQcmdZExpressIte m) a great deal on 315 MT/R's. im || close to grabbing another set myself..just over 1G with free shipping!

re: the truxus: what size? 35X12.5's? had a buddy running them. they do very well in all sorts of terrain, but as lee mentioned, theyre louder than others. soft compound = wear out quicker, but i think proper rotation & alignment will prolong their life.

one thing though.. i have a 35X12.5 trxus as my spare. its quite abit bigger than a 315 but damn the thing is heavy. i think the tire itself is at least 20lbs (i think abit more even) heavier than the MT/R. no wonder many have a difficult time balancing em. it'll definitely help if theyre on your stocker alloys. 20+ lbs might not seem that much, but its unsprung & rotational mass..so you'll definitely feel it if its outta whack.

other options you might want to try are the MTZ's, the new KM2's or toyo M/T's..but the toyos are also apparently quite heavy. SSR's are also an option..no experience with em but i think the sidewalls arent as good as the MT/R's. imo..nothing can touch the MT/R's when it comes to sidewall strength, dry rock grip, and streetability.

neliconcept
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
SSRs are super heavy, 80 ish a tire i think.

MTZs is what id go with.

i did read up on the trxxus mts and the STSs on pirate and its a bit mixed as well

calrockx
03-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Lance,
I hear a lot about the Nittos, I'm just not that impressed. Maybe I should give em a second look.

I've always heard complaints on balancing MTRs, but in the three sets I've never had a problem. If my next tires have an issue, I'm considering dynabeads.

A local shop can get the trxus tires on my truck for $1100. If I can find a deal like that with MTRs, I'd do that instead.

I'm not in love with the idea of tires wearing fast, but hopefully this'll be my last set of tires on the 4Runner before I get another daily driver.

Oh snap Sonny, I just caught that the ebay deal has free shipping. Hmmm....
Maybe I'll pick those up, get em siped, and enjoy me some more MTRs...

Lee
03-05-2008, 04:05 AM
1100 for trxus?!

in the 33x12.5x16 size i got em for 170/tire.

calrockx
03-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I was talking to Casey and he said the 35x12.5x15 were only $190. That was last year or so, today they're a little bit more expensive. But once you go up to 35x16in wheels, they price jumps up. Lame.
At least $1100 was the best price I got for those tires, one shop said something like $1400. In fact it was Discount Tire. That same shop gave me a much higher price on MTRs too. So.... the moral of the story is Discount Tire sucks ass.

neliconcept
03-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I was talking to Casey and he said the 35x12.5x15 were only $190. That was last year or so, today they're a little bit more expensive. But once you go up to 35x16in wheels, they price jumps up. Lame.
At least $1100 was the best price I got for those tires, one shop said something like $1400. In fact it was Discount Tire. That same shop gave me a much higher price on MTRs too. So.... the moral of the story is Discount Tire sucks ass.

inless you have a friend who is an Asst mgr there, cant wait for a new set of tires and see what this guy gets them at cost