PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected downtime for UltimateYota

Good Times
03-13-2008, 08:30 PM
On March 10, 2008 our hosting provider terminated our account without any warnings or notifications. We quickly realized the problem and the reason(s) for the termination and made an executive decision to transfer the site to another provider. We began the necessary steps to notify the appropriate support staff members to begin the transition but ran into a few snags.

1. The backup of the UltimateYota website provided by the old host was incomplete
2. The backup of the UltimateYota database provided by the old host was incomplete

Both of these issues resulted in severe delays on bringing UltimateYota back online. After days of discussions with the old hosting provider we were finally able to get the raw files in the appropriate format in its complete form.

Though this move was difficult for us, we are now blessed with a faster server and connection. So let the good times roll.

We are sincerely sorry for the downtime and hope that this has not inconvenienced any of you.

Thank you,

UltimateYota Staff

oly884
03-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Awesome Lance, thanks for the hard work!

xonetruthcrewx
03-13-2008, 09:19 PM
It was for the better. The new server is much faster. Right On.

slosurfer
03-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Right on! Thanks Lance and Mike! Umm... the smilies aren't working.

Bob98SR5
03-13-2008, 09:31 PM
guys,

i hope this does not embarass both lance and mike, but these guys were up to the wee hours of the morning, dealing w/ f'g idiots, the old company's stupid trouble ticket policy, etc, etc, etc. to the both of you guys: THANKS for getting us back up online.

bob

reggie 00
03-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Thank you Very much

I was starting to go thru withdrawals.

I even had to resort to go over to TOF.

Had 40+ unread pages to go thru.

Ric
03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
no worries, glad you all got it back up as fast as ya did

Tankota
03-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I was shaking all over and couldnt eat yesterday...

Glad we're all up and running again!

Marc P
03-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I have been in Vegas the last 3 days....didnt even notice

d0ubledown
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
its not an inconvenience if the result is better than before. much quicker now...thanks lance!

d0ubledown
03-13-2008, 10:11 PM
...sweet! it doesnt time me out and ask me to log in. much better...

cooldry
03-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Great job guys, and thanks for the hard work. Uh oh, the little character things don't work when I click on them. Is it because I'm on a Mac?

neliconcept
03-13-2008, 10:28 PM
quite a bit faster.

at least you got a host that is more reliable

mastacox
03-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Dude, not only is this WAY faster than it was before, but I think it fixed some of the Wiki problems we've been having. It appears the Wiki is now properly keeping track of all previous revisions of the Wiki pages...

Edit- and I'm able to read the Wiki while logged out (visitor). Triumph!

MTL_4runner
03-14-2008, 05:01 AM
I have to agree with everyone that the site is much improved after the move.
Many thanks to all the dedicated UY tech staff to get us up and running again. :thumbup:

04 Rocko Taco
03-14-2008, 05:53 AM
So let the good times roll.

I think the only place that Good Times are rolling is back into bed, get some sleep Lance, you can rest peacefully now!!

Lee
03-14-2008, 06:06 AM
im not surprised to hear of the incomplete data... most hosts are lazy and do a data dump that has a LIMIT on it... a limit which is so low it only allows a few months of posts to dump.

glad its all resolved, this host is so much faster!

4runnerchevy
03-14-2008, 06:10 AM
I developed a bad attitude and had to go over to Pirates and flame people. I think while over there I posted 10 hate mail items and only 1 piece of advise. Gotta love it. Glad the problems resolved UY.

YotaFun
03-14-2008, 07:08 AM
OMG I thought I was going to DIE!! LMAO!!
Of course the site goes down right at the point when I need tech help.
Fogs that don't want to work all of a sudden
Questions on Total Chaos UCA's (which I might have in hand soon!!!)
And other little doodads. lol!

Lol, Though in all seriousness gents, Thanks a great deal for putting so much hard effort into this site so everyone can share!
Get some rest and work out any other glitches slowly, getting the site up was enough lol!
The site is definitely a lot faster (and hopefully the chat wont die now lol!)

Again A million thanks for making UY a great site for us!
Cheers To You!
Avy

Tankota
03-14-2008, 08:08 AM
I think while over there I posted 10 hate mail items and only 1 piece of advise.

Isn't that how everyone posts over on pirate.

One person asks a question, about a dozen people flame them and call them stupid, and one person answers their question.

I have to say again, I do love Ultimate Yota.

bamachem
03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
whew!!!

Many MANY thanks to Mike and Lance - you guys did a TREMENDOUS job in a VERY short amount of time! THANK YOU!

Also, this host is SMOKIN' FAST compared to the old host!!

Erich_870
03-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Nicely done Guys! I too was saddened to not find UY for my Toyota fix. I put it all together when I found that TOOLandFAB was down too. :(

Erich

4runnerchevy
03-14-2008, 05:40 PM
I think we need to go back and talk Toyota's instead of talking "Unexpected downtime for UltimateYota". Let it die !

paddlenbike
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
The server speed is much better now. Thank you all!