PDA

View Full Version : Heee-Heee Marlin Releases 2wd 5-Speed!!

Obi..
03-13-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't care what anybody says, for some like me, who play more in the desert, and rarely really use 4wd to any extent,
or a locker if much more, this is the ticket!!

http://www.marlincrawler.com/images/v62wd_500.jpg

Originally started as a special request, and a prototype thing with FireGuys,
since as far as I know, they really didn't see the demand for it.

Well, since the FireGuys Prototype project, it's become a marketable item!

Everybody now knows what I'd only heard whispers in the ear about, that it's gonna be done.

*And why not, they do some of the best Toyota transmission work out there, period.

I even have an idea about the sticker for this thing...

Now, if you really wanna get strong, and fun, there's the R154 Supra housing w 150 gears in it.

If they go with the theme for the H/D 2wd version, like the Fireguys piece,
the support might be blue instead of red (4WD), or the black (2WD standard)

*I'd like to say "You didn't hear it from me!" but what the heck, I was told "Bring it on." when threatening/promising to send customers via this post. ;)

So you'll all have to excuse me while i go do my happy-dance, and really think about all of this, because, instead of bothering with a basic transmission and 3.4, this brings an all new VISION to mind!!

*How the heck am I gonna hide this from Wifey when she finds out. :angel:
~BigMike's gotta email to reply to, hopefully he'll pay us a visit to chime in. :thumbup:??

Intrepidyota
03-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Sounds like the logo needs to involve a rabbit more than a turtle. :D

corax
03-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Marlin does some seriously good tranny work. I've been seriously thrashing my W56 for the last 2 years with a Supra 7MGE bolted to the front with no problems whatever

mYnAmEiSmUdD
04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Marlin does some seriously good tranny work. I've been seriously thrashing my W56 for the last 2 years with a Supra 7MGE bolted to the front with no problems whatever

this is very exciting news, ty. I want to drop a 7m in my rig once the 22re blows.

Cheers!

waskillywabbit
04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Wabbit logo is taken. :flipoff:

:guitar:

paddlenbike
04-14-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't get it. Did the 2WDs come in auto only? :headscratch:

neliconcept
04-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't get it. Did the 2WDs come in auto only? :headscratch:

yeah except 4 cyl maybe? and i think the mini tacos with the 2.4s

other then that i have no clue

paddlenbike
04-15-2008, 08:10 AM
I would almost swear my friend has a 2WD Tacoma extended cab 3.4 V6 manual. How about the S-Runners, weren't those available with a manual? :headscratch: