PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Pismo4RJ Preplanning Thread

slosurfer
03-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Yes, it is time to start planning the Pismo 4runner Jamboree for 2008. Thank you to everyone who came out last year and made it an amazing event. I can't wait for this year. This is not the official planning thread as we have not picked the official date yet (probably one of the first two weekends in Oct.).

What I want here are your ideas for this years event. Any requests for stuff we didn't do last year? What would you like to see at this years? Any ideas are welcome (doesn't mean I have to listen to them but they are welcome :flipoff:)

For me, I plan on having the raffle more publicized with a better way to view the raffle prizes while you are buying raffle tickets. Last year we had a typed out list that I don't think many people looked at, maybe I'll have pics of the prizes laid out. That way you don't have to read. :hillbill:

Anyways, lets hear what you got!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/slosurfer27/Pismo%204RJ07/The%20event%20Oct%2007/IMG_6552.jpg

elripster
03-26-2008, 08:21 AM
How an award for the highest jump! We can break it down into suspension upgrade categories like close to stock, long travel, SAS...

Frank

Seanz0rz
03-26-2008, 10:40 AM
i will definitely be there if i can swing the cost and (potential) time off from school, but probably not running dunes much. maybe serving as a rescue vehicle.

as for suggestions, dont have any, hopefully it doesnt rain this time! haha.

slosurfer
03-26-2008, 08:58 PM
How an award for the highest jump! We can break it down into suspension upgrade categories like close to stock, long travel, SAS...

Frank

That's a pretty good idea!

Sean, that wasn't rain, that was a heavy fog! :flipoff: I hope you can make it. Why no dune running for you?

4x4mike
03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Cool, I block out some time on the calendar. A least this time I'll have a 4Runner :bowdown:

elripster
03-27-2008, 09:20 AM
So far August 14-18 and September 18-21 are not good for me.

I need to buy a second truck this summer so I'll have something to wheel out here since we're moving to Chicago in June.

Frank

Good Times
03-27-2008, 04:14 PM
movin to the windy city Frank?

ok sorry for the thread hijack :)

Chris, any dates work for me at the moment since it's way too far ahead anyhow. Don't forget that this shouldn't be too close to the Yosemite trip.

Seanz0rz
03-27-2008, 07:04 PM
i managed to break stuff on the dunes, and i hate sand and go fast stuff. but ill be out there to support the club and hang out with you guys, since i lubbers you all so much.

slosurfer
03-27-2008, 07:51 PM

I need to buy a second truck this summer so I'll have something to wheel out here since we're moving to Chicago in June.

Frank

Here's one. I can already picture Claire launching this one. :thumbup:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/car/619612955.html

i managed to break stuff on the dunes, and i hate sand and go fast stuff. but ill be out there to support the club and hang out with you guys, since i lubbers you all so much.

We lubbers you too! It can be just as fun to ride along with someone as they break their stuff. :hillbill:

slosurfer
03-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Chris, any dates work for me at the moment since it's way too far ahead anyhow. Don't forget that this shouldn't be too close to the Yosemite trip.

Lance, good point! I think we will have it on the same weekend as last year, Oct. 10-12th.

This puts it a few weeks after Yosemite and a few weeks before Surf N Turf. Also, there is no Endurance Race in Oct this year. That is why there were so many quads and motorcycles out there last year, they were practicing for the race that was on the following weekend.

wifesaysimadumbass
03-27-2008, 08:20 PM
if i can go.... i will jump fartruk!!!!

elripster
03-27-2008, 08:33 PM

Frank

Here's one. I can already picture Claire launching this one. :thumbup:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/car/619612955.html

We lubbers you too! It can be just as fun to ride along with someone as they break their stuff. :hillbill:

I saw that. I'm actually looking for an extra cab 5 speed truck. I wanna reuse my 4.88's from the 4runner.

Frank

Seanz0rz
03-27-2008, 10:15 PM

hell, ill come JUST FOR THAT!!!

slosurfer
03-28-2008, 07:29 AM

NICE!!!! :thumbup: With all 6 carseats strapped in it too!

One other nice thing about having it on the second weekend of Oct., is that is the first weekend where the whole dunes are open. A big portion of the dunes are closed for a portion of the year for the Snowy Plover's nesting time, and this is the weekend they take down the fences. :thumbup:

net4n6
03-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Please count me in. I need exact dates so I can request vacation from work. I regret that I couldn't make it last year.

stormtaco
04-01-2008, 09:41 PM
i will be there agian this year had a blast last year. wife will prob. be coming too. cant wait.

iceman601
04-01-2008, 09:45 PM
You know I'll be there :hillbill:...didn't spend a month wrenching for nothing :angel:

mysticzt4r
04-19-2008, 11:40 PM
We will most likely be coming also this year.

expatoz
04-24-2008, 09:43 PM
I hope to be there as long as my school doesn't plan their Campout the same weekend - like last year! Don't foget to post over at 120 Chris. I still need to pick up my prizes from last year from Lance!

slosurfer
04-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Mark, hopefully your school has it on another weekend. I'll definately post it up over at 120. When I get back from CO next week, I'm going to start going full force on this and I'll post info on all the boards.

xonetruthcrewx
04-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Since the 4Runner is now gone, I am on the search for an offroad setup for the Touareg. Im sure i can get things together in time, and if so, I will be there killing it in the VW. Haha. Hell yeah!

elripster
04-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I hear ya' on the new ride. I'm working on that issue myself. My goal is to acquire another yota in time to jump the dunes with you all!

Frank

cabbage
05-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Wow! All this jumping! Im totally in!!!! (As long as the truck lasts 4 races before October...)

2ndGen
05-07-2008, 10:04 AM
talk about prizes, i won this winch panel at last year's event. i'll put it in as a prize for this year.

http://12voltguy.com/web/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Winch_Panel_4821a8d495e78.jpg

slosurfer
05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
The planning thread has finally been started! :thumbup: For those that posted up in here, I'll try to go through this and put your names over in the list, but the best bet would be to post up over there.

6th Annual Pismo 4runner Jamboree (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=4811.new)

2nd gen, that's awesome! Our first raffle prize. :thumbup: I'll send ya a PM.