PDA

View Full Version : The Wiki

reggie 00
03-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Who maintains the Wiki now?

I know Marko use to, but havent seen him around for quite some time now.

The last couple of weeks i have seen NorCalBorn, grab the reins and run.

How bout the powers that be make him the UY Wiki guru.

Bob98SR5
03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
norcal,

dude, your efforts have not gone unnoticed! mastacox is our wiki admin, but you are always free to contribute or why dont you talk directly with mastacox and go from there?

Cebby
03-26-2008, 07:50 PM
We have an images directory that is used for wiki articles.

I think the wiki is definitely a 2 person job - since Marko fell off the face of the earth, I'm OK with NorCal jumping in.

mastacox
04-01-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm fine with Norcal becoming a Wiki Admin, not sure what happened to Marko... Overall, Wiki "admins" don't do a lot more than a regular Wiki user, we just need to be on the lookout for inappropriate info, or malicious attacks. It's not necessarily just our job to fix incorrect info in the Wiki, it's everyone's job!

I guess there's a way to easily view the pending submissions too so I don't accidently dupe articles??

You can preview you submission before it's submitted I think, but it doesn't really matter, because the wiki keeps track of previous versions of the article. Any registered UY user can edit the Wiki articles to change, edit, or update any of the articles in the Wiki. Unregistered users can only read.

So, in other words, I'm happy there'd be at least 2 people, I hate unchecked facts and misinformation.

We can check for that kind of stuff, but EVERYONE that is a registered Wiki user should be doing that. The beauty of a Wiki is that everyone can add their input and ideas to Wiki articles.