PDA

View Full Version : 91 4Runner quick question

reggie 00
04-02-2008, 09:24 PM
I got a call today from one of our good customers.

He has a 91 4Runner that he uses as a ranch run around vehicle. Thing is it has started to misbehave. Possible head gasket, or some other motor malady. The body as far as i remember is pretty straight. the inside is pretty much what you would expect as the result of being used as a work vehicle. 5spd, 3.0, stock.

He offered it to me at a fair price. I dont have to pay him for anything, just apply the cost to future work i will do.

What i need is an idea of a fair price. My 4Runner cost me $600, and i did some repairs to the rear end and that was it.

So give me a few ideas on what you would pay.
Needs motor work of some kind.
A good cleaning and minor misc maintenance items.

He is also throwing in a 99 1/2ton Chevy. $700
His kid rolled it in a field a few years ago, but he didn't want to claim it on the insurance cause of the whole who/what/why.

Thinking i am going to strip that thing clean of all usable drive train parts and misc items.
Going to put the motor in the '83. Add all the good stuff like Ac, upgrade the brake system and what ever else i can squeeze out the thing.

Then sell the rest for scrap. should do pretty good.

Hopefully i can make all the moons and what not align and get all this done.

Got a good start getting the garage half way cleaned out.
Time to fill it back up again.

corax
04-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd probably offer $1500 as the absolute max for the 4runner (probably start a bit lower) since the engine has unknown issues. I would also assume the suspension is sagging, since most of that vintage do unless it's had work done, which would be additional $$$ needed to put into it.

I paid $1000 for my '88 with a shot trans, clutch and brakes when I was back in Virginia

reggie 00
04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the input.

I'm thinking around 700-1000.

Now that i think about it I'm pretty sure its saggin.

Not that it maters cause i think i'll be nosing around might get the engine up and running and move straight into a SAC.