PDA

View Full Version : RECALL NOTIFICATION - 660,000 vehicles for window defect

Good Times
04-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Looks like 660,000 2003-2004 Corolla/Matrix vehicles will have a recall notice for the front windows. If you've got one of these vehicles, keep a look out for your recall notification. If you don't get it, just drop by the dealership to find out out the recall notice.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/04/toyota_corolla_450-op.jpg

Joint manufacturing ventures allow both automakers to share resources and platforms, but unfortunately, it also means they share problems. Such is the case with GM and Toyota, whose NUMMI plant in Fremont, California, put out 540,000 Toyota Matrixes, Corollas and 123,00 Pontiac Vibes with faulty bolts that hold in the glass on the two front doors. The 660,000 2003-2004 vehicles equipped with power windows are being recalled after 500 complaints, 36 claimed injuries and one crash (?!) were reported. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is calling for both automakers to recall the affected vehicles and replace the faulty bolts at no charge.

Dealers are to replace bolts that hold driver and front passenger door glass in vehicles equipped with power windows. The bolts may loosen and detach, Toyota said in a statement.

Source: Automotive News (https://home.autonews.com)

Seanz0rz
04-10-2008, 12:07 AM
another example of failing quality of a brand built nearly entirely on quality of parts and the assembly of those parts. i think well start seeing alot more of these from the big red T. every toyota product ive been in made after about 2000 has been rather substandard...

MTL_4runner
04-10-2008, 03:47 AM
Unfortunately that is usually a sign the company is too large to manage properly (ie grew too fast, putting shareholders before customers, etc). I do think Honda right now has an edge over Toyota in quality of vehicles coming off the assembly line. There's definately room for improvement but I wouldn't go counting Toyota out just yet.

20005spd
04-10-2008, 04:05 AM
i work for nissan and i do recalls all day. the new style altimas have 7 recalls right now. the last style altima had 8 recalls. all nissans have recalls some of them really stupid, some are proof of bad engineering :D