PDA

View Full Version : Lexus Prius for 2011?

Good Times
04-10-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2008/04/lexus-prius.png

I'm not surprised at all. Are you? I'm just curious as to what the new mpg will be with the new improvements being implemented.

- Prius using Toyota's MC platform has been seen testing with the Auris front noze
- Next Prius will be using the 1.8L 2ZR engine instead of 1NZ
- Lexus will have a version of the Prius which is planning on debuting during late 2010/early 2011
- The Lexus will have the roofline profile similar to that of the Prius however have distinct Lexus styling in sync with the "L-finesse" design language.
- The Lexus version would cost over $30k and obviously be equipped with luxury amenities; current internal code for the car is 812L
- Due to cost reasons the next-gen Prius should still be using NiCAD batteries. However, Toyota has had a Lithium-ion Vitz hybrid in limited production for awhile, and the Lexus version may be equipped with Li-On batteries due to the higher selling price would allow enough margin to incorporate the more expensive batteries.

Over on the VWvortex Forums, forum member DoctorNo says that what you see above is a rendering of the new Lexus Prius. This new hybrid (in more than one sense) will feature lithium-ion batteries, all the luxury amenities one would expect from the brand and should be available in late 2010 or early 2011. This redesigned Prius would blend elements that made the Prius so popular (the hybrid synergy drive, of course, and some of design language) while moving into a Lexus look and a $30,000+ price tag. If li-ion batteries are included, then that's not too bad. No rumors about a plug, though.

Also, according to what DoctorNo translates from the scanned Japanese magazine text, Toyota's next Prius will use the 1.8L 2ZR engine instead of 1NZ.

Source: VWVortex Forum (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3781151)

Seanz0rz
04-10-2008, 06:30 PM
if it had a plug and those fancy l-ion batteries, i would consider it. though it is very very ugly. i know you have to make the vehicle stand out, since half the reason of buying one (for the vast majority of people) is to say "look at me, im green", but why does it have to be ugly? you think they would try to make it a little more aerodynamic, lower that roof and belt line a bit, and maybe try to slim down the nose.

neliconcept
04-10-2008, 10:27 PM
give me the IS series lexus with 50mpg, and ill sell my soul for one.