PDA

View Full Version : The Fast and the Furious...damn blinker!

Bob98SR5
04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Ok, not related to my toyota, but what are some of the causes for a fast blinker?

I've checked the ground wire and cleaned off all the connections and regrounded the related wires to bare metal. No go.

I replaced the bulbs with new ones and bent up the connection points, but no go.

I have yet to replace the fuse related to the blinkers, so that I'll give a try.

Could it be (gulp) the turn signal relay?

what else could be the cause?

Of note, the left one blinks fast. The right one does not

neliconcept
04-15-2008, 12:17 AM
connections, fading bulbs, disconnected harnesses, mine were doing that until i decided to connect the fronts.

and yea it could be the relay, could also be the contacts inside the turn signal knob as well.

i bet this is on the mercedes? my 88 bmw did this with the shotty turn signal knob contacts. still does it from time to time.

Good Times
04-15-2008, 12:34 AM
usually the front and rear are cross connected so if either one is busted the other will flash like crazy. check both the front and rear on each side to make sure everything is working (bulbs, wiring, grounding).

MTL_4runner
04-15-2008, 04:03 AM
Ditto to what Lance said, 9 times out of 10 there is a bad bulb that was missed.

Bob98SR5
04-15-2008, 07:43 AM
usually the front and rear are cross connected so if either one is busted the other will flash like crazy. check both the front and rear on each side to make sure everything is working (bulbs, wiring, grounding).

u know, i do have a fog bulb up front that i noticed that just went out. i'll replace that and see

YotaFun
04-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah thats one thing I love about Toyota, At least the blinker still worked if one of the bulbs went out, On the olds I had you would turn them on and it would just stay solid....

X3 on what lance said

corax
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
they'll also blink fast if you've put in LED replacement bulbs - though some have a resistor built in that prevents them from blinking fast

Bob98SR5
04-15-2008, 10:42 PM
i went to my local kragen and they did not have the bulb in stock. thus i wait one more day. no big deal, but ill keep everyone posted on the results