PDA

View Full Version : Lexus LF-A?

Good Times
04-16-2008, 07:59 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/04/lexuslfa.hot2.kgp.ed_opt.jpg

I dunno about you guys but when I see this I'm just not feelling the love.

The LF-A is one of those cars that seems like it will never get to market. We've gone through two different LF-A concepts already, plus an LF-A Roadster, and the high-performance luxury sport coupe isn't even on sale yet. Spy photographers from KGP have caught another new version of the LF-A near the famed Nurburgring in Germany, this one apparently decked out in full racing regalia. The most tell-tale sign that this is likely not a road-going version of the car is its giant, fixed rear wing in place of the retractable one seen on prior prototypes. It also has what appears to be carbon fiber canards on the outer edges of the front clip, which, last time we checked, aren't often found on road-legal automobiles. Our fine photographer friends suggest that Lexus might be aiming for success in motorsports with the upcoming LF-A, especially after seeing the fine performance of Nissan's new GT-R in competitive racing. After years of waiting and watching prototypes being tested, however, we're not holding our breath anymore.

Source: AutoBlog.com (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/16/spy-shots-lexus-readying-race-prepped-lf-a/)

YotaFun
04-16-2008, 08:04 PM
X2 of not feeling love.

like WTF?

Seanz0rz
04-16-2008, 09:32 PM
when i first saw it, i thought it was a riced out 300zx.

im bored with toyota and lexus. please give us simple, low cost high performance.

Good Times
04-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I'll see if I can find more Scion stuff for ya Sean! O yeah don't forget Toyota and Subaru are working together on a rwd pocket rocket! Now that'll be some hot stuff!!!

Seanz0rz
04-16-2008, 10:00 PM
i said high performance, not medium performance like the tC offers. plus its FWD, wtf up with that?

im loving the prospect of that subie/yota joint venture, as long as they dont screw it up with hybrid stuff.

Good Times
04-16-2008, 11:29 PM
didn't I show you that one RS-R tC that's rwd? c'mon now where's the lovin! :) I'll see what other stuff I can dig up. Btw that rwd corolla thingie looks promising... I'd hit that when that rolls around. though I'm kinda dead set on the diesel stuff right now though... ugh decisions... bleh!

Seanz0rz
04-16-2008, 11:41 PM
but that rwd tC is a one off formula drift car. not something i can go and buy next week.

neliconcept
04-16-2008, 11:42 PM
ill stick to my m3 for now.

wait.. im selling it.

damnit im lost in performance now.

Good Times
04-16-2008, 11:44 PM
But if you read closely they say that the rwd components are bolt on variation from the sister car so that effectively makes is totally possible for someone to buy an used tC and then do the conversion :) and since we all know many of us are gearheads that totally makes this a two thumbs up on trying it :D

Good Times
05-21-2008, 03:56 PM
News update!

Lexus LF-A to be priced over $200k USD!!!!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/lf-a_225000.jpg

The last time we talked about the price of the Lexus LF-A, we had only the car's price in China and a whole lot of speculation to go on. The car's retail in China was set at $264,700, and based on that a Lexus fan site did it's best guestimation to arrive at a US price of approximately $130,000. Say it with us now: oh boy, was that wrong.

Lexus has said the first number of the car's price will be a "2," and Inside Line has word that the car might run $225,000. That is more than either a Gallardo or an F430 Spider, including European delivery and two weeks of vacation in Via Reggio. The LF-A convertible will cost even more.

Inside Line says "Lexus is gunning for the Italians." With that kind of price, we actually believe Lexus is sidestepping the Italians and has simply declared, "Your comparisons are futile, this is the best. If you want it, this is the price." It's almost as audacious as the Babe's called shot. And we respect audacity. But we respect performance even more, so we'll be watching closely to see what kind of chops the race version of the LF-A showcases at the 'Ring.

Source: AutBlog.com (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/21/inside-line-learns-lexus-lf-a-to-be-priced-over-200k/)

DHC6twinotter
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I've always thought a Scion Tc with AWD and a 3sgte would be awesome. It would be a new "Celica" All-Trac.

Side note: Some of the guys from the FJ Cruiser trail team told me that the Scion Tc was given its name becuase "Tc" stood for Toyota Celica.

oly884
05-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Lance, I saw that on autoblog today too. I about fell out of my chair!!!

I'm not going to pass judgment till I see it in action, but at that price, is has so MAJOR shoes to fill.

Lexus doesn't have 'brand' exclusivity going for it like Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, or others.

It also doesn't have 'model' exclusivity like the Nissan skyline, Ford GT, etc, etc. They may prove it with this car.

Like I said, for that price, this car better be doing something well, or it's going to be a flop for them. Judging by what I've seen thus far, I was expecting $100-135k or so for this car, not an additional $100k!!!! I will be watching this closely.

Seanz0rz
05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
for 200k, it better pleasure more than my driving senses...