PDA

View Full Version : Chassis, Engine, and Paint Codes for USA Toyotas

slosurfer
04-20-2008, 09:43 AM
I stumbled across this site that has the chassis, engine, and most importantly the paint codes for USA toyotas.

http://www.toyotareference.com/

MasterWIII
04-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Very nice, that could come in handy for me. I'm wanting to get my fender flares painted to match.

slosurfer
04-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Very nice, that could come in handy for me. I'm wanting to get my fender flares painted to match.

Hey, totally off topic, but is your avatar a Godard painting? That guy has some amazing paintings and an awesome sense of humor.

MasterWIII
04-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah, it is. His paintings are pretty awesome, I have a calendar of his stuff too. If I had a rec. room, I would deck it out with his stuff...sadly that would cost money, which my rig already takes plenty of.

slosurfer
04-20-2008, 03:12 PM
I've got probably the same calendar and a little book of his stuff. A lady I work for gave them to me, she has at least 12 of his paintings in her house. Most of them are prints that have embellishments done by him and resigned and 1 orginal. She got me hooked on his stuff.

YotaFun
04-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I remember this page Chris.
I posted a topic on TOF about seeing a weird but factory color I saw on a 4Runner.
It ended up being the Autumn Blaze Metallic.
So wish I could have found a 4Runner in that color,
It was rare and only available in 99 only.

thanks to that site I also figured out what exactly the name was for my precious 4Runner.
The Somewhat popular Anthracite Metallic.

However the link in my thread I believe went dead, so good thing you found this!

DHC6twinotter
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Interesting. I didn't realize the color of my 4Runner was available for only 1 year. According to that chart, my color (8D8) was only available in '90. I'm sure I've seen a '95 in my color though, so I wonder if that is a typo on the site, or if the '95 I saw had a repaint. :headscratch:

slosurfer
04-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Interesting. I didn't realize the color of my 4Runner was available for only 1 year. According to that chart, my color (8D8) was only available in '90. I'm sure I've seen a '95 in my color though, so I wonder if that is a typo on the site, or if the '95 I saw had a repaint. :headscratch:

I think he is constantly working on updating, so if you know someone with that paint, grab the year and paint code and email him. I believe most of his data is from people sending that info in.

DHC6twinotter
04-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Unfortunately, it was just a 4Runner I saw at Sonic Burger about 4 years ago. I remember it well though since it was in MINT condition and in the same color as my 4Runner. Based on the composite headlights and the stripe pattern, I would say it was a '95.

I'll have to dig around and find specific years. I'll email the guy if I can find the correct years. :thumbup:

paddlenbike
04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
On a white 4Runner with the silver oversized fender flares, what is the paint code for the silver flares? I need some touch-up paint.

04 Rocko Taco
04-21-2008, 10:51 AM

I think he is constantly working on updating, so if you know someone with that paint, grab the year and paint code and email him. I believe most of his data is from people sending that info in.

Any idea on how to email him? I saw no contact links on the site, and I have spotted a couple of errors and would like to email him some info about them to get it corrected. Thanks!

slosurfer
04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Any idea on how to email him? I saw no contact links on the site, and I have spotted a couple of errors and would like to email him some info about them to get it corrected. Thanks!

I sent him a pm over at the toyotavan site where he has a thread going. I'll let you know when I hear from him.