PDA

View Full Version : WebRidesTV pits IS-F against RS4

Good Times
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
It's not a Top Gear production video but damn it's pretty nice! It's the battle of the middleweights between the IS-F and the RS4. Both pump out a ton of hp/torque and are also just as expensive but the shootout between the two vehicles is definitely a good match up.

Watch the video and tell me what you think. You think the IS-F will top the RS4 or not?

Video: Watch Me (http://webridestv.com/showvideo.aspx?video=63850)

mastacox
04-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Mmm, both very sweet cars. Slower or not, I think I'd rather have the Audi, I'm a sucker for the RS4's styling...

paddlenbike
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
I have watched this video three times now. Love the high-def video and being able to hear the engines. I would love to have either car.

xonetruthcrewx
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Audi hands down.

AWD vs. RWD.
Manual gearbox vs. Auto.
German vs. Japanese.
8200rpm redline vs. 6800rpm redline.
The motor overall.
The damn exhaust note of the RS4. Seriously.
I could go on and on.

The IS-F is a sweet car for sure, but as far as im concerned, the RS4 kills it.
Overall styling. Interior and exterior.

paddlenbike
05-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Audi reliability seems to be an issue though.

YotaFun
05-06-2008, 08:42 AM
I am torn.
Colin puts a good argument out.

But the IS-F gets my vote.

Looks wise:
The Lexus looks more sleek to me, lower to the ground and lower roof line.
The dash looks more clean and the gauge cluster is almost a dead tie with the Lexus being a little less involved.

Horsepower Audi has the Lexus beat by 4Hp
Torque Lexus has the Audi beat by 54lb-ft
As much as I love a 6 speed manual as much s the next guy, the 8-Speed Sport Direct Shift automatic with paddle shifters and Manual mode makes for quicker shifts and getting to the gear you want slightly faster than that manual.

I don't know there is an edge to the IS-F that has me hooked over the Audi.
Maybe I will take dad and go test drive them.... <---Thats a big maybe...

calrockx
05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I want to go racing on that track with either car.

xonetruthcrewx
05-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Audi reliability is not an issue. I do admit that Audi/VW/Lambo etc. etc. do require a bit more maintenance but whatever. When you hear things about reliability its from people who dont know how to take care of their cars. That goes for any manufacturer though.

With a few mods, the RS4 would put the IS-F to shame in every department. www.stasisengineering.com is where its at. But when it comes down to it, it isnt all about fastest 1/4 mile and lap times. The RS4 is a better vehicle period. How about the interior? The RS4 kills it. And as far as the transmission goes, yeah the Lexus has a very nice tranny and yeah, its damn quick. But....... it just kills the whole driving experience. If youre gonna have this kind of car, you need to be as much in control of it as possible. Manual tranny is the only option. That is my opinion at least.

YotaFun
05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Any car can kill any vehicle with the proper modifications and the right driver behind the seat I don't doubt that.

I think the interior on the IS-F is just fine, clean and simple.
To me when looking at the two side by side the Lexus appeals to me though, I am just not a fan of the carbon fiber paneling and such.
I don't know I like the idea of the paddle shifting and having the right gear for just the right time.
I fail too see how you not in the same amount of control with Lexus trans as you are with the Audi manual.

Not trying to get into a war or anything just voicing my opinion.

xonetruthcrewx
05-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Its just my personal preference and opinion. My old Audi was a 6 speed and my current VW is a 6 speed. I have also driven a car with paddle shifters, not an 8 speed, but whatever. I prefer the 6 speed hands down.

Not a fan of the carbon fiber trim? Wow. I dont know what to say about that. And the Recaro interior of the Audi kills the Lexus interior. But then again, i had Recaros in the Audi and have them now in my VW. Audi ftw!

mastacox
05-07-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm with xonetruthcrewx on this one, when I turn 40 and have a midlife crisis Audi will be my vehicle of choice. However, as much as I like 6-spedd manuals, I have test driven the '05 A4 2.0T with the 6-speed DSG, that transmission is soooooooo sweeeet...

Audi FTW!